My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and grandparents

Missie and grandparents

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie and I went to Canada in October

Missie and I went to Canada in October
Mom and Jim

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.
has a recliner and little refrig.

Missie wanted her room lime green and black

Missie wanted her room lime green and black
turned out very nice!

Left side of kitchen

Left side of kitchen

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Other half of living room

Other half of living room

Part of living room

Part of living room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Our new home!

Our new home!

Jr.s shop

Jr.s shop

2 car garage

2 car garage

This is the only way it would let me post :(

Here it is December, where has time gone. I just realized this a.m. I have not posted pics of our new home, where we moved to in May. I am really bad at blogging now :( Preston is doing great! He did have a cold, but other than that, he is doing well! We are so thankful for that.Missie loves Union Bible Academy. She has moved into the dorm so she won't have to drive 1 1/2 hrs/day and during winter it would have been hard. She loves living in dorm and having her friends there. She is in choir and absolutely loves that and travels when they travel. She is maintaining a B average, and that is great! It was a big switch to switch from ACE cirriculum to textbooks, but she has done very well. We love our home, and spending our first holidays in it! Will post some pics.

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston after his surgery

Preston after his surgery

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Much better!

Well, today has been a much BETTER day, thank the Lord.

Missie actually went with me to see me get blood drawn, and is now convinced she can go through it; PRAISE THE LORD. She has so much pain in her joints and her joints even come of their sockets and go back in and sometimes she can hardly use her arm, or ankle or wherever the joint is acting up. We know arthritis is a big possibility and the lab tech told her today that she needs to get it checked out real soon; that it could even be teenage arthritis. So it scared her and she saw how easy it is to have blood drawn. So I am relieved she is going to go and see what they can find. But the big problem is we have no insurance on her. But our family dr. is wonderful; he has known us since Preston was a little guy and he will help us in every way he can. And generic meds. are at a all time low price, so we will see what happens. It will work out somehow. We may be able to get some kind of government help if she has a serious diagnosis. Anyhow, Jr. was able to work a couple of hours here on our computer for his job while we were gone. Missie and I went out to eat breakfast, then went to Hobby Lobby, and a couple of other places. It was a nice break for us both. Then when we got home, Missie did her school work. Then she went online to work on the placement testing and got it done!!! Praise the Lord for that, too, as it was stressing her out. There is another SC online free school that we are also going to look into and see what we think is best. Both have teachers that can help her locally, so that will be great!

Preston had a wonderful day today. He went down to the shop and spent some time with Doug. When Doug had to leave for a while, he sat outside and enjoyed the fresh air until he returned. He was very tired when he got back up the house, but the exercise is so good for him. It will help build up his strength after being bed ridden for so many weeks. We also figured out part of his bowel problem this week has been what he is drinking; orangeade, so no more of that! He usually drinks flavored water, and that is much better for him and doesn't cause a bowel problem.

Tonight was the night that Missie and I were to go to the library, and we always get Preston dvds. Well, I was so tired after being gone today, that I didn't want to go until tomorrow. At first Preston wasn't too thrilled about my changing the nights, but soon he said it was ok; he still had some dvds to watch tonight. And Missie was astonished, because when he was in the hospital, one of his "I love Lucy" dvds from one of his sets came up missing. Well, he tried to find it tonight, and when Missie told him it had gotten lost, he didn't get a bit upset, but said, "ok" and thanked her for telling him. Before he had a good working shunt, he would have worried himself and all of us to death over it. So things are soooo better, and we are so proud of him. He is so thrilled, too, that he doesn't feel as nervous and irritable as he used too. I just wonder how long this tubing has been embedded, and wish we could have known about it sooner. But at least it is fixed now, and all is well.

Oh, and good news!!! Mom could not stand the thought of us not coming so she and Jim got together and decided we are going to Canada!!! So we are now back to having our trip; which will be a wonderful time because it will be nice to be spoiled by my mom for a few days, and my step-dad! And Jr. will be there to drive us around this year. I like that! So we leave, Lord willing, on May 23th, Missie's 14th birthday.

So that is the latest. I am up and running again and more encouraged. We all have bad days, and yesterday was one of them for me.

I am not a contemporary Christian music fan, but this song has really ministered to me, and says it like I would say it. It is "Praise You In This Storm" by Casting Crowns. If you get a chance to hear it, please do so.

I know God and Bible Holiness is real; and that makes all of the difference in the world.

2 comments:

CountryMouse said...

Hello Norma,
Just popped over to see how you are all doing - So glad Prestons still up and about. Every day will hopefully get a bit easier for him. So glad he's more himself now.
Poor Missy - get it checked out Missy - I'm an awful coward when it comes to blood but its so worth it if they can help your pain. Be brave.
Wonderful news about Canada - What a brilliant piece of news - it will be such a well deserved break for you all and on missys birthday too.
So glad everything coming together. Take care.

urhis said...

What great news to be able to visit with your family! I"m so happy for you. Keep encouraged. We are right there with you Sister as you care for your Special young Man God has given you to love and care for.Count your blessings. Cathy