My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and grandparents

Missie and grandparents

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie and I went to Canada in October

Missie and I went to Canada in October
Mom and Jim

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.
has a recliner and little refrig.

Missie wanted her room lime green and black

Missie wanted her room lime green and black
turned out very nice!

Left side of kitchen

Left side of kitchen

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Other half of living room

Other half of living room

Part of living room

Part of living room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Our new home!

Our new home!

Jr.s shop

Jr.s shop

2 car garage

2 car garage

This is the only way it would let me post :(

Here it is December, where has time gone. I just realized this a.m. I have not posted pics of our new home, where we moved to in May. I am really bad at blogging now :( Preston is doing great! He did have a cold, but other than that, he is doing well! We are so thankful for that.Missie loves Union Bible Academy. She has moved into the dorm so she won't have to drive 1 1/2 hrs/day and during winter it would have been hard. She loves living in dorm and having her friends there. She is in choir and absolutely loves that and travels when they travel. She is maintaining a B average, and that is great! It was a big switch to switch from ACE cirriculum to textbooks, but she has done very well. We love our home, and spending our first holidays in it! Will post some pics.

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston after his surgery

Preston after his surgery

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Almost over!

Well, this week is almost over, and I haven't gotten accomplished what I wanted too. But I have to do a little along as I have this fibro anyhow. I cannot work hard and long like I used too. We did get all the cups and other things taken down from over my kitchen cabinets and washed, and put back. Missie got them down and put them back. Then I got the cabinets over the microwave cleaned out, and all my flour containers replenished. Then Missie took everything out of another cabinet by the stove and wiped those shelves out and put the stuff back in. But still have more cabinets to go. Today was a different Thurs. than usual. Jr. had to go to the dr. and have blood drawn, so when he got back I took him to work so I could grocery shop. So that is done for 2 weeks except for milk and a few small items we may need. I am trying to figure out if powdered milk or canned milk is the cheapest to cook with. Powdered milk has gotten so expensive, too. No matter how frugal I try to be, groceries are high. But we have to eat.

So! Tomorrow is Friday and when Jr. gets home he will take Preston on an outing. He looks forward to getting out. Tonight he sat out on the porch in his swing because it was so nice out. We all ended up spending time outside this evening. Missie has been outside a lot today. She loves the outdoors.

We heard Hobe Sound College Choir last night. We got to see a girl that attended our church in Savannah, TN when we pastored and we had a nice visit. We are so proud of her! We were worried about her for a while. But she loves Hobe Sound and the Lord is really helping her! Then I got to see another girl who had lived in Canada for 10 years, and her dad had pastored the Pilgrim Holiness Church there. Missie said she felt a different feeling last night, and wondered if we would mind if she went to Hobe Sound rather than Penn View. If we don't get to move, we may send her there, because there are people from our church that come and go there, and it might be easier. I told Jr. maybe we should consider moving to FL. It is all in God's hands; His will is what we want. But Missie is so lonely to be with other young people like herself. I know she needs to be; and homeschooling is not the best choice for her, but right now, that is all we can do.

We had planned to be in Canada with my mom on Mother's Day and that day is also my brother's birthday, but found out today, Jr. cannot miss work that week, because the other guy that will do his job ask for that week off about a month ago, and they both can't be gone at the same time. So! We are having to replan our trip to see my mom! I want to go before it gets too hot up there; as they only have 1 small air conditioner unit in the one bedroom. But it looks like we go around May 23. So we will see.

There are 2 answers to prayer this week. My sister in law got called back to her job at the cancer center in the hospital and most importantly, a friend of mine who had been out of church for a while, was in church last night and I got to hug her and tell her I love her! She is coming back!!! PTL! I asked the Lord to please not let her go! She has 5 precious children, and her husband has been unsaved for years, and she got overwhelmed. I understand that, but am so glad she is making her way back. Pray for that family, God knows their names, if you think of it.

I guess that is all for this time.

2 comments:

urhis said...

We are going to my mother's tonight and spending the week. Our son and his family of 5 boys will be driving in from Kansas. We are praising God with you that your friend is turning back to the Lord. I'll write again when I return after 4/20/08. Keep encouraged! Bless you and the family. Cathy

CountryMouse said...

Sounds like you achieved a lot sorting out your cupboards this week. We've had no hot water since Tuesday as the boiler is playing up and they cant come out till next Tuesday. The washing machine packed up wednesday so all in all I'm ready for a new week.

Am glad your prayers were answered and hope that you can sort a date out to see your mum soon as it would be nice for you to get together .

take care and have a good weekend.