My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and grandparents

Missie and grandparents

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie and I went to Canada in October

Missie and I went to Canada in October
Mom and Jim

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.
has a recliner and little refrig.

Missie wanted her room lime green and black

Missie wanted her room lime green and black
turned out very nice!

Left side of kitchen

Left side of kitchen

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Other half of living room

Other half of living room

Part of living room

Part of living room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Our new home!

Our new home!

Jr.s shop

Jr.s shop

2 car garage

2 car garage

This is the only way it would let me post :(

Here it is December, where has time gone. I just realized this a.m. I have not posted pics of our new home, where we moved to in May. I am really bad at blogging now :( Preston is doing great! He did have a cold, but other than that, he is doing well! We are so thankful for that.Missie loves Union Bible Academy. She has moved into the dorm so she won't have to drive 1 1/2 hrs/day and during winter it would have been hard. She loves living in dorm and having her friends there. She is in choir and absolutely loves that and travels when they travel. She is maintaining a B average, and that is great! It was a big switch to switch from ACE cirriculum to textbooks, but she has done very well. We love our home, and spending our first holidays in it! Will post some pics.

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston after his surgery

Preston after his surgery

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Frustrating day!

Well, it has been quite a day. I knew I needed to go to Easley today, and Preston wanted to go. Well, unlike yesterday a.m. he did not want to get up. He finally got up and he ate and took his meds, then went in bathroom. He shaved and brushed his teeth and I gave him a shower. I had town clothes laid out but when we got back into his room, he asked why I had them laid out. I told him once again I was going to Easley and that he had said he wanted to go. But when I asked him if he wanted to go he said no, so I hung the clothes back in closet and got him clean pj's. Well! Jr. came home and was able to work on our computer here for his job, and Missie and I took off. We were not many miles down the road until the phone rang and Preston asked Missie if we were going to Hospice. Hospice is a thrift store in Easley that I had planned to take him to today. I told her to tell him no, that we were not going there, but he kept calling every little while. He had remembered AFTER I left that he was supposed to go to hospice. Oh me! So I told him when I got home I would take him to a couple of places in Greenville. So took Jr. back to work in TR, and Missie, Preston and I set off again. We went to Miracle Hill, and Missie was needing tennis shoes, and found 2 pair for $4! One pair is like new! Then I took her to the big library and dropped her off and Preston and I went to Salvation Army. Then back to library to pick up Missie and help her check everything out; only to find out that Missie's card had too many fines on it and dvds that were overdo that she couldn't check anything out. How that happened, I still don't remember. We usually go to the library every week. Anyhow! I used the rest of our cards and were able to get most of the stuff she wanted, and more dvds for Preston. Then I brought the children home, and headed back to get Jr. I had to stop at the library on the way there to get Missie's acct. straightened out and get the dvds on her card renewed. So I got Jr., and we had to stop and get gas, and then at the store for bananas. Got home to no supper cooked, except chicken cooked. So I quick fixed dumplings and we had homemade sourdough bread left over, and some other leftovers. I was so tired by the time supper was over. But with Missie's help, I got the kitchen cleaned up and Jr.'s lunch packed for tomorrow. I am beat.
Tomorrow I get to stay home!!!! Lord willing, of course. You never know from one day to the next what will happen in our lives.

I feel like I am getting a cold, so am taking some sinus meds. along with my reg. meds. and soon going to bed. I hope I am not getting sick.

No comments: