My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and grandparents

Missie and grandparents

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie and I went to Canada in October

Missie and I went to Canada in October
Mom and Jim

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.
has a recliner and little refrig.

Missie wanted her room lime green and black

Missie wanted her room lime green and black
turned out very nice!

Left side of kitchen

Left side of kitchen

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Other half of living room

Other half of living room

Part of living room

Part of living room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Our new home!

Our new home!

Jr.s shop

Jr.s shop

2 car garage

2 car garage

This is the only way it would let me post :(

Here it is December, where has time gone. I just realized this a.m. I have not posted pics of our new home, where we moved to in May. I am really bad at blogging now :( Preston is doing great! He did have a cold, but other than that, he is doing well! We are so thankful for that.Missie loves Union Bible Academy. She has moved into the dorm so she won't have to drive 1 1/2 hrs/day and during winter it would have been hard. She loves living in dorm and having her friends there. She is in choir and absolutely loves that and travels when they travel. She is maintaining a B average, and that is great! It was a big switch to switch from ACE cirriculum to textbooks, but she has done very well. We love our home, and spending our first holidays in it! Will post some pics.

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston after his surgery

Preston after his surgery

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Another week

Well, this has been a different week. Junior went back to work on Monday and I have been helping Missie babysit one of my friend's little boys. He is a year old, with the prettiest blond hair, blue eyes and smile you have ever seen. We got tickled today because when his mom left we couldn't find a paci, and she had it in her pocket. Well, Missie used to have paci's for her dolls. I found a big pink paci, washed it, and gave it to him. He sucked it, thank the Lord, LOL. But it did look kind of funny. But it worked and that is all that mattered. We won't have him tomorrow. Missie said she is going to sleep until noon tomorrow. She is not used to having to get up early because they arrive about 8:15. It is for this week only as his grandma is out of town.

Missie has been in a lot of pain, especially her knees. I called again today and left a message for the nurse, and didn't get any call backs. I get more nervous as time goes on and we hear nothing, and her pain is worsening. She is supposed to go to youth camp in AL next week. I am hesitant to let her go, but she wants to go so bad, and her daddy wants her to go and enjoy it. I will just write a note that she may have to sit out when they do sports. I just wish we could find out something about what is wrong with her and what can be done to help her. She doesn't go back to dr. until June 27 and that is over 3 weeks away.

Preston is doing good. I have taken him off the ativan at night, and have him on the ambien to help him sleep. He is not near as sleepy during the day now, that he is not taking ativan at night. So, maybe we have solved the problem of his being so sleepy during the day. He did walk to the end of the driveway, rested and then back home. It is very hard work for him, but good for him. None of the guys were in the woodworking shop, so he didn't get to visit with them. He enjoys having JJ, the little boy that we are keeping, around. Children used to get on his nerves awful, but he loves them now, for the most part. He is also enjoying the new kitties and loves to play with them.

So that is about all for now! Junior's parents, sister, and niece will be coming in Fri. a.m. for a few hours. His sister is from CO, and her daughter is a good friend of Missie's so they will have a great time together.

Oh, we haven't been to the daycare yet to check it out. Preston has been so sleepy every day, and Junior doesn't think he would really want to go. But once we get these meds. worked out, maybe we will check it out.

Please check out my auctions if you get a chance! I am selling some baby clothes and books for a friend, and I get 50 percent of the profit. I have lots more to get on there when I get a chance.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZhomeschoolfamilyof4

3 comments:

Les said...

Praying for Missie's pain to cease and the doctor's wisdom!

urhis said...

Little ones sure do add excitement to a day. I'm sure Missie is ready for a break but babysitting is so much fun too. I trust she improves before going to camp. Keep working on a good balance of medication for Preston and take time for yourself so that you don't get down! Praying for you all.

CountryMouse said...

Prayers for Missie - I hope you hear some news from the doctor soon. Having a baby in the house this week will be fun for you all. Hope you have a nice time spent on friday with your family visiting. Take care and blessings to you all.