My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and grandparents

Missie and grandparents

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie and I went to Canada in October

Missie and I went to Canada in October
Mom and Jim

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.
has a recliner and little refrig.

Missie wanted her room lime green and black

Missie wanted her room lime green and black
turned out very nice!

Left side of kitchen

Left side of kitchen

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Other half of living room

Other half of living room

Part of living room

Part of living room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Our new home!

Our new home!

Jr.s shop

Jr.s shop

2 car garage

2 car garage

This is the only way it would let me post :(

Here it is December, where has time gone. I just realized this a.m. I have not posted pics of our new home, where we moved to in May. I am really bad at blogging now :( Preston is doing great! He did have a cold, but other than that, he is doing well! We are so thankful for that.Missie loves Union Bible Academy. She has moved into the dorm so she won't have to drive 1 1/2 hrs/day and during winter it would have been hard. She loves living in dorm and having her friends there. She is in choir and absolutely loves that and travels when they travel. She is maintaining a B average, and that is great! It was a big switch to switch from ACE cirriculum to textbooks, but she has done very well. We love our home, and spending our first holidays in it! Will post some pics.

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston after his surgery

Preston after his surgery

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thursday

Well, we took Preston to the psychiatrist today. He is trying him on a new sleeping pill to see if that helps. So we will see what happens. It was 2 a.m. before he went to sleep, so I am hoping he will sleep good tonight. We took him out to Steak and Shake for his birthday supper tonight; he picked where we ate. He loves to go there. Then we took him to dr. and stopped at Goodwill but he didn't find a thing, thank goodness, LOL. I told him he is a man now and it is time to put away childish things, LOL. The dr. asked about his moods and if he got angry at all. I had such a good report for the dr. along those lines! What a sweetheart he is most of the time, and how different that is from before. He is so much happier now. It is untelling how long that tubing and malfunctioning shunt has been causing him problems. But we are thankful the problem was found, and after almost losing him, we now have a happy son again. Tomorrow is the big day for him! It is hard to believe he will be 20.

We go to dr. tomorrow to see what he says about Missie's blood work and what the next step is. This week it has been her elbow. It kept coming out of the socket and then going back in. It was paining bad down her arm. So we will see what he says.

Missie and I got her and my closets cleaned out this week, and had bags of stuff that we passed on to a homeschool family with 6 kids. They love it when we clean out stuff; it is like Christmas to them. The closet looks sooo much better.
Next week we will tackle Preston's probably! That should be fun. He doesn't like parting with one thing! I snuck out a couple of things this week and he won't even miss them. He doesn't like it when I call the stuff "junk" that he has in his closet, LOL.

I may have something special to share in a few days! I can't even give a hint yet, but will be able to share soon. Just pray about a special request for our family.

Until next time!

3 comments:

CountryMouse said...

Happy Birthday Preston - Hope your day is filled with happiness and laughter.
Sorry to hear about Missie - poor thing she must be in a lot of pain. I hope they can sort this out for her soon.
Cant wait to hear your news - as always you are in my prayers but will make an extra special one tonight hoping that your wishes come true.

urhis said...

Happy Birthday Preston. You have such a loving and caring family. I hope Missie is feeling better. I like what I have been reading on MyHoliness. I think Missie is going to have a wonderful time if things work out for your family. I know she must be excited. Please share more when the details are complete.

Norma Gwen Watson said...

Thanks Ladies, I will share it all as soon as I can.