My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and grandparents

Missie and grandparents

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie and I went to Canada in October

Missie and I went to Canada in October
Mom and Jim

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.
has a recliner and little refrig.

Missie wanted her room lime green and black

Missie wanted her room lime green and black
turned out very nice!

Left side of kitchen

Left side of kitchen

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Other half of living room

Other half of living room

Part of living room

Part of living room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Our new home!

Our new home!

Jr.s shop

Jr.s shop

2 car garage

2 car garage

This is the only way it would let me post :(

Here it is December, where has time gone. I just realized this a.m. I have not posted pics of our new home, where we moved to in May. I am really bad at blogging now :( Preston is doing great! He did have a cold, but other than that, he is doing well! We are so thankful for that.Missie loves Union Bible Academy. She has moved into the dorm so she won't have to drive 1 1/2 hrs/day and during winter it would have been hard. She loves living in dorm and having her friends there. She is in choir and absolutely loves that and travels when they travel. She is maintaining a B average, and that is great! It was a big switch to switch from ACE cirriculum to textbooks, but she has done very well. We love our home, and spending our first holidays in it! Will post some pics.

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston after his surgery

Preston after his surgery

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Something beautiful!

Tonight, Troy Castle led the congregation in "Something Beautiful." You know, I realized then that I had somehow forgotten due to the stress of the past year, that my life really is beautiful. People tend to think we have it hard with having a disabled child. Well, that is true to a certain extent. But my life is beautiful because I gave my life to the Lord when I was 8, the first time. I never got out in sin; I still try to live and teach my children the way of Holiness and Biblical standards. We have each other; the 4 of us; my husband, myself and our 2 children. We have love and consideration for each other. We have a wonderful church and church family. So you see, I realized that the cares of life, Preston's illnesses, Missie's joint problem and depression, have overshadowed the fact that the Lord did make something beautiful of my life. How blessed I really am. I just need to remember to thank Him more for all His many blessings.

To get back to Missie's joint pain, and joints becoming dislocated, it is still about the same. The one knee is especially bad. The blood test that the dr. did and I cannot remember the name of it; was not an arthritis test, but he said arthritis tests were not very reliable, and he thought if she did have arthritis that the levels of this test should show high. Anyhow, it came back ok. So we are basically back to square 1, and have to find out what the problem is. We go back in a couple of weeks. I am going to see if Dr. Banks can get us into Shriner's since we have no medical insurance on her. They treated Preston for years and even did a surgery on his foot, so we are familiar with them and they are not too far from our home. So time will tell.

Missie left tonight to spend the night with a friend and on to youth camp at Pell City, AL tomorrow until Friday. She was so excited. It will be so good for her to be with all the other youth there. It is a much needed break for her. We are trusting the Lord that she will return home spiritually strengthened and lifted up! This joint problem has really worried her; not knowing what is wrong. She is a tomboy and loves to be outside but it slows her down.

I am so tired tonight. I have had a cold for a few days, and I just feel drained. I am so glad I made it to church tonight, though.

'Till next time.

1 comment:

Les said...

One of the other things to remember about having a disabled child is, they see all the beauty in life. Sometimes when I become so stressed or irritated, Aaron in the one that I see God's peace in. In the beatitudes it says "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God". Whenever I think of that, I think of my son. He is so innocent and pure (not having the total mental capabilities like other kids) and total faith, that God will do what he needs. That is true beauty! You and I are a special few who get to see that daily.