My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and grandparents

Missie and grandparents

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie and I went to Canada in October

Missie and I went to Canada in October
Mom and Jim

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.
has a recliner and little refrig.

Missie wanted her room lime green and black

Missie wanted her room lime green and black
turned out very nice!

Left side of kitchen

Left side of kitchen

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Other half of living room

Other half of living room

Part of living room

Part of living room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Our new home!

Our new home!

Jr.s shop

Jr.s shop

2 car garage

2 car garage

This is the only way it would let me post :(

Here it is December, where has time gone. I just realized this a.m. I have not posted pics of our new home, where we moved to in May. I am really bad at blogging now :( Preston is doing great! He did have a cold, but other than that, he is doing well! We are so thankful for that.Missie loves Union Bible Academy. She has moved into the dorm so she won't have to drive 1 1/2 hrs/day and during winter it would have been hard. She loves living in dorm and having her friends there. She is in choir and absolutely loves that and travels when they travel. She is maintaining a B average, and that is great! It was a big switch to switch from ACE cirriculum to textbooks, but she has done very well. We love our home, and spending our first holidays in it! Will post some pics.

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston after his surgery

Preston after his surgery

Saturday, June 21, 2008

2 more hurdles to jump!

Well, now family knows our big surprise.
Next, the landlord has been told which will be next week.
Lastly, Jr. has to tell them at work, and work a notice.

WE ARE MOVING!!!! TO THE FARAWAY STATE OF INDIANA. (Martha C - SC is a faraway state for you, and IN is a faraway state for us!)

It is just amazing what all has transpired in a week around here.

I started checking some things out about moving close to Union Bible College which also has an academy and is close to Indy. But I started getting messages from friends on myholiness.com asking us to consider Frankfort, IN. It is just 40 miles from UBC where Missie plans to attend for college right after high school. They have a wonderful church there, I have been told that repeatedly by many people, including some who live here. They also have a strong solid school! AND believe it or not, a youth pastor from that church has a 3 bedroom house for us to live in! And the rent is about the same as we are paying here! I just can't believe how it is all working out; how doors are opening. Next is the job for Junior. There is another man from the church up there who sent me the name of one place and then he was going to go and check out a woodworking shop close by. There are several woodworking shops that have openings, and Jr. will be putting his resume in online. Hopefully he won't have to make a trip up there ahead of time; but hopefully he can pretty well know he has a job lined up when we do arrive.

The plans now are we are leaving here Aug. 1st and arriving to our new home in the faraway state of IN on Aug. 2. We will pack up on 1st and it will be late afternoon probably when we get to leave, so will get a motel and arrive in on Aug. 2nd. I was teasing our pastor today and told him not to tell Bro. Johnson to not let us have that house to live in. Our pastor is wonderful; I will miss his concern and big smile when he sees his people. The Goings will always have a special place in our hearts. But we feel it is very imperative to do this for Missie. She is so excited. Bro. Travis Johnson made such an impact on her at youth camp, and now he will be her youth pastor. She can hardly believe it. She said, "I have never had a youth pastor before." They have a good group of young people and I have been told they are very friendly to newcomers and that Missie and Preston neither one will have problems making friends.

Preston is a little concerned about moving, but not too much. He knows we need to do this for Missie. He hates to leave our church, but is dealing with it great! He just wants to be sure he can take his kitty; and I don't think that will be a problem.

So that is the big surprise! We just feel like it is time to move on. I don't know how God will supply all the needs like our medications and all until we get medical insurance and all, but I just feel so relaxed and confident that we are doing the right thing. A lot of people don't know this about me, but if something is not right for us, I get a really bad feeling and know it is not God's will. It is almost a feeling of panic; it is hard to explain. But this time, Jr. and I both have a calm feeling about this; that God is in it. It is worth anything we have to sacrifice for Missie to have some of her hopes and dreams come true, and that she will receive the spiritual help that she needs to receive, with other holiness young people and having a strong youth group.

Some of our families are a little concerned about this. But we have to do what we know is best for our family. It is normal that they be concerned, and it is ok. But the ultimate decision is between us and God, and we are leaning hard on Him. We know He will never let us down!

I have ached all day, and am headed to bed. I took ALL my prescription meds. tonight hoping to wake up pain free in a.m. I use the one very sparingly as it is expensive even with insurance, but dr. has changed me to something cheaper. So I will try it - it is for arthritis.

Night all!
Keep us in your prayers.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I'll be praying for you! Where God guides He provides! Isn't it amazing how God works in our lives. Take Care!

urhis said...

It is truly wonderful what the Lord has done! His eye is on the Sparrow and I know He watches each of us. It is amazing to watch Him work in the details of our lives. God Bless you as you follow where He leads you.~ Cathy

CountryMouse said...

Wonderful news for you all. I am so pleased this has all come together for you. You all deserve this so much - God bless you all.