My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and grandparents

Missie and grandparents

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie and I went to Canada in October

Missie and I went to Canada in October
Mom and Jim

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.
has a recliner and little refrig.

Missie wanted her room lime green and black

Missie wanted her room lime green and black
turned out very nice!

Left side of kitchen

Left side of kitchen

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Other half of living room

Other half of living room

Part of living room

Part of living room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Our new home!

Our new home!

Jr.s shop

Jr.s shop

2 car garage

2 car garage

This is the only way it would let me post :(

Here it is December, where has time gone. I just realized this a.m. I have not posted pics of our new home, where we moved to in May. I am really bad at blogging now :( Preston is doing great! He did have a cold, but other than that, he is doing well! We are so thankful for that.Missie loves Union Bible Academy. She has moved into the dorm so she won't have to drive 1 1/2 hrs/day and during winter it would have been hard. She loves living in dorm and having her friends there. She is in choir and absolutely loves that and travels when they travel. She is maintaining a B average, and that is great! It was a big switch to switch from ACE cirriculum to textbooks, but she has done very well. We love our home, and spending our first holidays in it! Will post some pics.

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston after his surgery

Preston after his surgery

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Vacation?

Why is it when husbands are on vacation that things don't get done??? LOL
I haven't worried too much about the house, but finally today I did some housework, and helped Preston get a shower, and washed his hair. So that is done until Sat.
Yesterday Junior and I went out to McD's for breakfast and on to a flea market that we haven't been to in ages and ages. It was a very nice morning! We enjoyed it.

We still haven't heard from Missie's blood work. I am going to call tomorrow and see what the nurse says about it.

We acquired 2 kitties today. Preston wanted another orange cat of his own, as his disappeared. We are keeping these kitties inside!!! Anyhow, we ended up getting 2 so one would not be lonely. Preston named his Princess, and Missie named hers Reese as in Reese cups. I just hope they don't start meowing in the middle of the night and wake us up. Right now they are sleeping behind the couch.

Missie is only 14 but wants a job so bad. She wants to go on a TLC Missions trip to Alaska next summer. She wants to save money for that. Junior took her several places to apply for a job. Not many places will hire a 14 yr. old. If she would have been 16 she would have had a job immediately at Zaxby's! She has a job all next week babysitting one of our friend's little boy. She is happy about that. She will use the money to get her saving acct. started for the missions trip. We are so proud of her interest in missions. We may be raising a future missionary. It would be fine by us! She also wants to go to Hobe Sound for her jr. and senior yr. of high school. Also, I am not sure how many hours Missie could actually work on her feet with her joint problem. Her knees hurt so bad yesterday she was limping, and could hardly walk from the pain. But she is a determined kid and will do what she can. She really wants to make money. She put down to work evenings, because of our only having one vehicle. She can only work until 9 p.m. because of her age and the state laws.

Tomorrow a.m. Junior and I are supposed to go and visit a daycare for special needs people and see if we think Preston would be able to handle it or not. Another problem is he cannot get up early for them to pick him up, and I have no way to get him there. So we will see what happens.

Vacation is almost over and Monday we all get back to normal, except we will be babysitting next week. But Missie loves JJ and I told her she could take care of him and make the money. That will help her start the savings acct.

Gotta get to bed.

3 comments:

Les said...

The kittens are so cute! It's great that Missie wants to make the money for the mission trip herself. How mature! Joshua (my oldest) is going on the pre-teen mission trip with church in a little more than two weeks. I go with him. It's so much fun and what a great learning experience.

As for Casting Crowns, Voice of Truth and Who Am I, are two of my absolute favorite songs. I admit that I like the beat too.

urhis said...

TLC trips are the BEST!!! My son went on 2 trips. One to Honduras and one to Bolivia. It has been several years ago. Missie would benefit in many ways going on the trip. The kittens will add some excitement to the household for sure. Trusting Missie finds a job that fits her needs. Glad you enjoyed the fleamarket. They are so much fun. Take care. Have a great weekend. Cathy

CountryMouse said...

Hi Norma,
Glad you're having a good week together. Whever Karl's off we never seem to get round to doing jobs either. I love the kittens - they will keep you on your toes. I remember when ours were tiny they ended up in all sorts of places.
Credit to Missie for wanting to work. Charlotte has been working for nearly a year now - I think it is good for them to learn some responsibility and also to earn their own money so they can have some independence and also learn the value of money. I hope something turns up soon for her.
Preston looks well in his photo with Princess - its a lovely photo. I hope the daycare centre works out for him. I look forward to hearing how it all went.