My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and grandparents

Missie and grandparents

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie and I went to Canada in October

Missie and I went to Canada in October
Mom and Jim

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.
has a recliner and little refrig.

Missie wanted her room lime green and black

Missie wanted her room lime green and black
turned out very nice!

Left side of kitchen

Left side of kitchen

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Other half of living room

Other half of living room

Part of living room

Part of living room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Our new home!

Our new home!

Jr.s shop

Jr.s shop

2 car garage

2 car garage

This is the only way it would let me post :(

Here it is December, where has time gone. I just realized this a.m. I have not posted pics of our new home, where we moved to in May. I am really bad at blogging now :( Preston is doing great! He did have a cold, but other than that, he is doing well! We are so thankful for that.Missie loves Union Bible Academy. She has moved into the dorm so she won't have to drive 1 1/2 hrs/day and during winter it would have been hard. She loves living in dorm and having her friends there. She is in choir and absolutely loves that and travels when they travel. She is maintaining a B average, and that is great! It was a big switch to switch from ACE cirriculum to textbooks, but she has done very well. We love our home, and spending our first holidays in it! Will post some pics.

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston after his surgery

Preston after his surgery

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sleep

Well, last night was not a good night. Preston could not sleep. I can't figure it out because he takes so much medication at night, and it used to knock him out but now it won't always help him sleep. I ended up at 3:30 this a.m. giving him the new sleeping pill that dr. gave him. I have already given it to him tonight about 2 hrs. ago and he still awake. I am praying he will soon go to sleep, so I can too.
He kept calling me last night, and waking me up, so I was very tired. We all ended up staying home from church this a.m. as Junior had a headache, and I stayed in bed until about 11. I cannot function without my rest.

Tonight we were able to go to church, but I had forgotten my muscle relaxer and got in quite a bit of pain and had to sit in the nursery. Then we went over to the fellowship hall and ate afterwards. Our pastor was gone today; his grand daughter graduated from high school at Hobe Sound. We always miss him when he is gone, but we know he needs time off once in a while, too.

Lord willing, we leave Fri. a.m. for Canada. I have lots to do this week to get ready to go. I hope we will have a wonderful vacation and get some relaxation. I told them tonight there was no need of my worrying about my weight until after I get back from Canada because my mom buys all the special sweets she knows I love! She and my stepdad are so looking forward to our visit.

Well, I hope to go to bed in the next few minutes. It is already 11:20.

4 comments:

CountryMouse said...

Disturbed sleep is so hard isnt it. I really found that hard with Jamie last year. Without sleep I find it so hard to function during the day - I suffer bad headaches aswell.
Friday will soon be here and your wonderful break awaits you. I'm sure your mum will spoil you and give you some much needed rest leaving you refreshed and feeling much better.
Take care and dont work too hard packing.

urhis said...

I trust Preston get back into a nighttime sleeping pattern again soon. Perhaps he is getting excited about the upcomong trip to Grandma's also. Hope you all have a wonderful time.

Norma Gwen Watson said...

Thanks HappyBunny and Cathy, Monday night I had to get up once, then last night he did great.
So maybe it will be ok now.

CountryMouse said...

Hi Norma,
Just wanted to pop by and wish you all a really nice time in Canada. I'm sure you're really busy getting ready at the moment but it will all be worth it. So pleased you are able to go and see your mum and have some quality time with her.
Happy Birthday Missie - may you have a beautiful day.
Will miss your posts but look forward to hearing your news when you return.
Wishing you a safe journey and a happy holiday.