My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and grandparents

Missie and grandparents

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie and I went to Canada in October

Missie and I went to Canada in October
Mom and Jim

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.
has a recliner and little refrig.

Missie wanted her room lime green and black

Missie wanted her room lime green and black
turned out very nice!

Left side of kitchen

Left side of kitchen

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Other half of living room

Other half of living room

Part of living room

Part of living room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Our new home!

Our new home!

Jr.s shop

Jr.s shop

2 car garage

2 car garage

This is the only way it would let me post :(

Here it is December, where has time gone. I just realized this a.m. I have not posted pics of our new home, where we moved to in May. I am really bad at blogging now :( Preston is doing great! He did have a cold, but other than that, he is doing well! We are so thankful for that.Missie loves Union Bible Academy. She has moved into the dorm so she won't have to drive 1 1/2 hrs/day and during winter it would have been hard. She loves living in dorm and having her friends there. She is in choir and absolutely loves that and travels when they travel. She is maintaining a B average, and that is great! It was a big switch to switch from ACE cirriculum to textbooks, but she has done very well. We love our home, and spending our first holidays in it! Will post some pics.

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston after his surgery

Preston after his surgery

Monday, May 5, 2008

Monday update

Well, believe it or not, I made it to both Sunday services! It is so uplifting to go to the a.m. worship service. Then we all made it back last night and heard a wonderful stirring message. So I did great yesterday. I found if I take a muscle relaxer before church I do not hurt as bad from sitting longer than I normally would. So that has helped a lot.

Today has been a typical Monday. I always have lots of clothes to wash on Monday. I thank the Lord for a washing machine. I know what it is like to not have one and have to wash clothes in the bathtub and try to wring them out. It is very hard work! I am so thankful for a working washer and dryer! I have learned to appreciate what many people take for granted. It makes my life so much easier to have these modern conveniences.

Missie will soon have her 14th birthday and the same day we leave for Canada!!! I can hardly wait. I won't have to cook for over a week! I will be spoiled rotten by my mom, and relax! She already has a raspberry pie in the freezer for me! Today was my step-father's 81st birthday! He is very physically fit for 81. Last summer Missie tried to take walks with him; she couldn't keep up! Anyhow, me and children called him and sang to him today. He is a sweet person! Back to Missie's birthday. She wants a bellsouth cell phone because her best friend has bellsouth and they can text each other for free as much as they want, and call each other for free. So we are going to see about that for her birthday. We are waiting for this extra tax refund check to come in, to buy her birthday gift. We always give Preston's his too, as his birthday is in June. We will get him some dvds. Our tax refund is to come in this week. Most of it will be used to pay off some bills, and buy the kids birthday gifts.

Preston went to the shop today,and then sat outside most of the evening. Once it reaches 100 degrees here, it will be a different story. I wish it didn't get so hot here.

Well, I am tired earlier tonight, and am headed to bed.

3 comments:

urhis said...

Vacations are so much fun to look forward to. I'm glad God is working things out for Missie's education. What a mature, dependable young lady.It will be exciting to watch as God works in her life. It is easy to see through what you write about her that she is a sensitive person. God can use a spirit such as this.

urhis said...

HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL MOTHER'S DAY! Your Friend, Cathy

Tina and Russell said...

I'm sorry it has been such a long time since I have left a comment. I have not been doing well and finally am working on getting our blog updated with all that has happened the past few months. I am so happy to hear that things are going well for Preston and that Missie just might get that birthday wish. God does work in mysterious ways. Please enjoy your visit with your family....there is nothing like family. Mine keeps getting smaller. I lost my Dad on February 23rd of this year during my last hospital stay....you'll have to check out the blog for the condensed version of things.

I think about you and your family daily.

Your Blogging Friend,
Tina

P.S. Have a wonderfully blessed Mother's Day!!!!