My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and grandparents

Missie and grandparents

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie and I went to Canada in October

Missie and I went to Canada in October
Mom and Jim

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.
has a recliner and little refrig.

Missie wanted her room lime green and black

Missie wanted her room lime green and black
turned out very nice!

Left side of kitchen

Left side of kitchen

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Other half of living room

Other half of living room

Part of living room

Part of living room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Our new home!

Our new home!

Jr.s shop

Jr.s shop

2 car garage

2 car garage

This is the only way it would let me post :(

Here it is December, where has time gone. I just realized this a.m. I have not posted pics of our new home, where we moved to in May. I am really bad at blogging now :( Preston is doing great! He did have a cold, but other than that, he is doing well! We are so thankful for that.Missie loves Union Bible Academy. She has moved into the dorm so she won't have to drive 1 1/2 hrs/day and during winter it would have been hard. She loves living in dorm and having her friends there. She is in choir and absolutely loves that and travels when they travel. She is maintaining a B average, and that is great! It was a big switch to switch from ACE cirriculum to textbooks, but she has done very well. We love our home, and spending our first holidays in it! Will post some pics.

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston after his surgery

Preston after his surgery

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother's Day weekend

Well, it is Mother's Day weekend. I had so wanted to be with my mom tomorrow and go to church with her but Junior couldn't get off work this next week, so we are going in 2 weeks. Two weeks from today we will arrive, Lord willing, in Canada! Can't wait! It will nice to get away as a family. And to be spoiled by mom and stepdad.
We all need that sometimes.

I have going through a bit of depression. It is so hard to make a living these days; and Junior's place of work has not given raises in 3 years. The company sold out and they are still running in the red, because they had to do so many things so that they could make more money. So they are saying when they start making a profit, they will give raises. I appreciate the fact he has a job and he enjoys it. But when the cost of living rises, his wages do not. But if there is work for him to do he can work some overtime, so he does that sometimes. He is also set up to work at home, so on Saturdays he can work some if he has work to do. He is going to try in the next few weeks to work at least an extra hour/day to help lift the financial load. We have discussed my getting a part time job; but with the price of gas and only have 1 vehicle, it would be a hardship, and I wouldn't make much after I paid for the gas. I could get an office job, but I cannot work full time. I cannot do it, especially with Preston. He is my first responsibility; he and Missie, and we also homeschool. I love being at home and being a wife and mother; there is no higher calling on this earth, no matter how much money you make. It is God's will for women to be "keepers at home." But I would be willing to do some part time if it would pay me to do that. But it doesn't look like it really would. And I cannot leave Missie to take care of Preston all of the time; that is not fair on her and I wouldn't do it. Anyhow, that is the main reason for my depression. But I have to lean more on the Lord concerning this. He will make a way. We had hoped to pay off 3 small loans when we got this extra tax money, but we ended up getting $600 less than we thought we would. So we are stretching it as far as we can.

So this is mother's day weekend. Junior and I went out alone today for a while; he took me to Golden Corral for my breakfast; they have the buffet breakfast all you can eat, then went to a thrift store and Lowe's. It was a nice time out; just the 2 of us. I always love going out to eat for my special days! It gives me a cooking break.

You all have a wonderful mother's day weekend. There is no higher calling than to be a mother, and know you are molding your children either for the Lord, or for the devil. I have tried with God's help to lead my children to the Lord and bring them up to live as close the Bible as possible.

SO HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL YOU MOTHERS!

2 comments:

CountryMouse said...

Happy Mothers Day Weekend Norma. Keep looking forward - 2 weeks to go until your break which I'm sure will refresh you and perhaps help things to become clearer for you.

Norma Gwen Watson said...

Thanks HappyBunny, I sure hope I get to relax on our vacation at least some of the time!