My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and grandparents

Missie and grandparents

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie and I went to Canada in October

Missie and I went to Canada in October
Mom and Jim

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.
has a recliner and little refrig.

Missie wanted her room lime green and black

Missie wanted her room lime green and black
turned out very nice!

Left side of kitchen

Left side of kitchen

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Other half of living room

Other half of living room

Part of living room

Part of living room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Our new home!

Our new home!

Jr.s shop

Jr.s shop

2 car garage

2 car garage

This is the only way it would let me post :(

Here it is December, where has time gone. I just realized this a.m. I have not posted pics of our new home, where we moved to in May. I am really bad at blogging now :( Preston is doing great! He did have a cold, but other than that, he is doing well! We are so thankful for that.Missie loves Union Bible Academy. She has moved into the dorm so she won't have to drive 1 1/2 hrs/day and during winter it would have been hard. She loves living in dorm and having her friends there. She is in choir and absolutely loves that and travels when they travel. She is maintaining a B average, and that is great! It was a big switch to switch from ACE cirriculum to textbooks, but she has done very well. We love our home, and spending our first holidays in it! Will post some pics.

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston after his surgery

Preston after his surgery

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Saturday update

You know, when Preston gets well, I don't know what I will write about on here. Things will be so quiet and calm (maybe I am dreaming) around here when we are finally home again as a family. It will take many weeks of recuperating though, for Preston, so it will be a while before things are quiet around here, I am afraid.
Today Preston had a pic line put in, and it was not quite in the right place so they had to work on that and they got it right the 2nd time around. Then he had his small feeding tube put back in and it was hard to get it in, but it is in and he is being fed. He is waking up more now. Jr. said he has been trying to pull off his oxygen mask. Jr. was teasing him about sounding like an elephant with the mask on, as he used to tease Jr. about that with the c-pap machine that Jr. has to sleep with every night. Preston pointed at Jr. when Jr. said that! He was telling Jr. he was the one who sounded like an elephant! Then when I got there he started fussing and pointing to his left. I finally figured out by asking him question and he would move my hand to answer them, that he wanted to go to the potty. But since he is so weak right now, I told him we would put a diaper on him and he could go and it wouldn't mess up the bed. So we put one under him and he calmed right now and went to sleep. He is awake enough to know that that his stomach was hurting and he felt like he needed to potty. He was moving my hand up and down for yes to answer my questions. Missie got him doing this when he wasn't able to talk. But he hasn't been even able to do that again until today. He is following people with his eyes and turning his head to see people!
Jr. and I were talking today. When we made the decision for them to give him more powerful meds. to stop the trembling, and if it decreased his breathing ability to not put him on life support, it is as if he started to do better. Jr. said maybe the Lord was seeing if we were willing to let him go. When He saw we were, He turned things around and gradually he has been doing a little better. I'll never forget how we came out of that room after talking to the dr. where many tears were shed, and Bro. Armstrong was standing by his bed and said he had only trembled once the whole while we were in. We thought the nurse had given him meds. and when I asked her she had not. God definately touched him; after we had committed him back to God.
It will be a long hard road of recovery for Preston. But we are hoping that he can do most of the recovering and therapies in our own home. Please pray with us that we can get the help we need to come into our home and medicaid will pay for it. God is so able to work it all out.
The floor dr. in PICU feels Preston will have shunt surgery this week. So if he does and has no complications, and it works, we will be elated!
I have been home last night, some of today, and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. I have done washing, drying, ironing, vacuuming, etc., but it was so nice to be home and relax. Jr. is with Preston. I was becoming overwhelmed and worn out by being there so much and I needed this break so bad.
Thanks for praying, keep the prayers coming.

No comments: