My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and grandparents

Missie and grandparents

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie and I went to Canada in October

Missie and I went to Canada in October
Mom and Jim

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.
has a recliner and little refrig.

Missie wanted her room lime green and black

Missie wanted her room lime green and black
turned out very nice!

Left side of kitchen

Left side of kitchen

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Other half of living room

Other half of living room

Part of living room

Part of living room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Our new home!

Our new home!

Jr.s shop

Jr.s shop

2 car garage

2 car garage

This is the only way it would let me post :(

Here it is December, where has time gone. I just realized this a.m. I have not posted pics of our new home, where we moved to in May. I am really bad at blogging now :( Preston is doing great! He did have a cold, but other than that, he is doing well! We are so thankful for that.Missie loves Union Bible Academy. She has moved into the dorm so she won't have to drive 1 1/2 hrs/day and during winter it would have been hard. She loves living in dorm and having her friends there. She is in choir and absolutely loves that and travels when they travel. She is maintaining a B average, and that is great! It was a big switch to switch from ACE cirriculum to textbooks, but she has done very well. We love our home, and spending our first holidays in it! Will post some pics.

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston after his surgery

Preston after his surgery

Monday, January 12, 2009

Video & update

Here is a video clip of our church in Easley, SC; Patricia's parents and Bro. Going the pastor. Thought you might want to see it.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/video/index.html - you will have to clip on videos and find the one that says: Family Reacts After 3 Die In Van Crash

There is a viewing in IN on Friday, from 11-1 and the funeral up here is at 1. Junior and I are going to try and go.

I called Bro. Going tonight and it was so good to hear his voice! I guess I have missed Easley Bible Methodist more than I realized. Anyhow, please continue to pray for Brent; he is really suffering as anyone in his shoes would, and there is a viewing and memorial service in Easley tomorrow evening.

Bro. Going told me this evening that our current pastor, Bro. Mowery, would be a good pastor, as we probably already had found out. I told him we had found that out! We love Bro. Going, and we love Bro. Mowery. They are alike in many ways. We also love our associate pastor and his wife; the Johnson's. They are such sweet people!

Yesterday Bro. Mowery preached about helping each other. It touched my heart; because we are so struggling financially and I didn't know if I had anything I could give. He said if each family gave 2 potatoes (not a whole bag) to a family who needed food, then there would be enough potatoes for that family. I am paraphrasing, but this is what I got out of it. We all do have something to give. It may be small, but we can help someone. He said we will share in this economic crises; cut the meat in half if necessary. Isn't that wonderful?

I received a call this evening asking if we needed money. Of course, we need money, and they asked how much, and I said I was not saying. Whatever they wanted to give would be very much appreciated. God is taking care of us. We haven't missed a meal up to this point. We are still eating meat from that big bag of meat that was given to us on Christmas Eve. Junior went to a temp agency today and they had NOTHING! Some people like to remind us sometimes that Junior left a good job in SC. But it was already slowing down there before he even quit. So he doesn't know if he would have a job if he would have stayed there anyhow. Oh, and we found out he may be able to go to school and get paid for it. He can continue his education in the auto-cad, etc., and get paid for it. We have a man in our church who is a professor at a school pretty close to us; don't know the name of or location right now. That would great on his resume if Junior was actually certified in this area! So we will see what works out.

Keep praying for us.

2 comments:

urhis said...

With the nasty weather we had Sunday we stayed home so I was able to hear Bro. Mowery's message. It really was inspiring.

Norma Gwen Watson said...

Yes, it was! Glad you could hear it!