My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and grandparents

Missie and grandparents

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie and I went to Canada in October

Missie and I went to Canada in October
Mom and Jim

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.
has a recliner and little refrig.

Missie wanted her room lime green and black

Missie wanted her room lime green and black
turned out very nice!

Left side of kitchen

Left side of kitchen

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Other half of living room

Other half of living room

Part of living room

Part of living room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Our new home!

Our new home!

Jr.s shop

Jr.s shop

2 car garage

2 car garage

This is the only way it would let me post :(

Here it is December, where has time gone. I just realized this a.m. I have not posted pics of our new home, where we moved to in May. I am really bad at blogging now :( Preston is doing great! He did have a cold, but other than that, he is doing well! We are so thankful for that.Missie loves Union Bible Academy. She has moved into the dorm so she won't have to drive 1 1/2 hrs/day and during winter it would have been hard. She loves living in dorm and having her friends there. She is in choir and absolutely loves that and travels when they travel. She is maintaining a B average, and that is great! It was a big switch to switch from ACE cirriculum to textbooks, but she has done very well. We love our home, and spending our first holidays in it! Will post some pics.

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston after his surgery

Preston after his surgery

Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy 2009!

I hope each of you have a wonderful 2009! I am a bit skepical about this year, as most Christians are, due to the election. But one thing we must remember is: GOD IS STILL IN CONTROL! People have choices and many make the wrong choices. But we who know the Lord and do our best to live by His Word, and trust Him, can rely on Him to see us through whatever comes our way.

We are getting back to normal from the holidays. Our normal is somewhat different than other's, but it feels good to get back to our normal. Missie has been very sick. She spent a lot of her holidays in bed. First she had a horrible cold and used several boxes of kleenex, then got the stomach flu this week, and whenever a person with arthritis or fibro gets sick, it causes much more pain. She has been in tremendous pain. Thankfully, on Thurs. we go to the doctor. I have felt so bad for her; but she was glad she was sick when school is out so she didn't have to miss all this school.

I got some money for Christmas and got me a paint spinner! It makes wonderful backgrounds for cards! I am going to my creation blog and post some pictures of my latest cards using the paint spinner. I was so excited to get this! My card making keeps me sane!

Junior has worked for the pastor this week. But we are not sure how much longer he can work for him; as Bro. Mowery has 10 places that are NOT rented out right now. Please pray the Lord will send him some good renters. The apartment Junior is working on was trashed; it is so sad that people destroy other people's property. Junior is enjoying the remodelling. He was showing me what he did in the bathroom. I am so glad he is so talented, and can do most anything!

He plans to go to the temp. agencies one day and see about jobs; and see what is available, if anything. This coming week he has to be off to help me take both children to the doctor in Lebanon. I so wish we had a doctor in Frankfort. But none were here that would take medicaid; they were full up with medicaid patients.

So that is the latest! God is on His throne. A little later I will try to do a run down of our lives in 2008. It was a big year for us.

1 comment:

Tina and Russell said...

Hi - Sorry it has been so long since I have posted a comment. I have been reading what has been going on with you all. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy the holidays and was sorry to read that Missie has been sick. I will add her to my daily prayers, that God will touch her with his healing hand. You have had an eventful 2008, and I am so praying that you and your family have wonderfully blessed 2009 - it is much deserved. I know that God rewards those who honor him! I would love to see some of the cards that you make if you could send me a link to your creation blog that would be great! I am always in the market to occasionally purchase a few unique cards.

2009 Blessing to you and your family!

Tina