My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and grandparents

Missie and grandparents

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie and I went to Canada in October

Missie and I went to Canada in October
Mom and Jim

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.
has a recliner and little refrig.

Missie wanted her room lime green and black

Missie wanted her room lime green and black
turned out very nice!

Left side of kitchen

Left side of kitchen

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Other half of living room

Other half of living room

Part of living room

Part of living room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Our new home!

Our new home!

Jr.s shop

Jr.s shop

2 car garage

2 car garage

This is the only way it would let me post :(

Here it is December, where has time gone. I just realized this a.m. I have not posted pics of our new home, where we moved to in May. I am really bad at blogging now :( Preston is doing great! He did have a cold, but other than that, he is doing well! We are so thankful for that.Missie loves Union Bible Academy. She has moved into the dorm so she won't have to drive 1 1/2 hrs/day and during winter it would have been hard. She loves living in dorm and having her friends there. She is in choir and absolutely loves that and travels when they travel. She is maintaining a B average, and that is great! It was a big switch to switch from ACE cirriculum to textbooks, but she has done very well. We love our home, and spending our first holidays in it! Will post some pics.

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston after his surgery

Preston after his surgery

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Update

I guess I need to update about our family.

Our hearts have been crushed about Patricia, Caroline and Anthony going on to Heaven. We are especially concerned about Brent; the one who is left behind. I know without God's help; he couldn't make it. Anyhow, we have been trying to comprehend all of this; and it has hit us hard. Missie has cried a lot about it. Anyhow, please continue to pray for Brent. We didn't get the funeral in Terre Haute on Friday. Junior had the chance to work so he worked. I would have loved to have gone, but with it being about 120 miles according to mapquest, Missie would have been alone with Preston for several hours, and we weren't sure about that.

Monday is the day when Missie goes to the doctor. Thank the Lord. She has got to have help for this arthritis and it has gotten to be found out exactly what kind she has, and what they can do for her. Last night her knees were so bad, she could hardly walk when she got home from school. So we are excited about this Monday appointment. He is a great doctor. Preston and Junior really likes him, and he is helping with prescriptions for all of Preston's medications because there are hardly any psychiatrists who take medicaid, and right now, we do not have the money for one. Eventually we will have to go to one, I am sure. He is able to get a nerosurgeon in Indy that takes medicaid. Thank the Lord for that.

Last week and this past week Junior has only had 2 days of work. So it is slim pickens around here as far as money is concerned. We are hoping to find out more about Junior going back to school to get his certicate in auto-cad. I hope this works out for him, because having the certificate would look good on his resume!

Preston is doing well. He has decided he wants a wife. Well, we have had so many laughs today over this and some of the things he says, I have laughed until I cried. I needed that good laugh. Laughter is the best medicine for sure! He has had a super good day today even though it is Saturday. Sometimes he gets a little stressed on Saturdays, with knowing the next day is Sunday. But he tries so hard and is so proud of himself when he does so well. And I just remembered he didn't take any anxiety medication this evening!

We are supposed to get more snow tonight, and I am aching like we will get some precipitation of some kind tonight.

Well, that is all for now.

Keep praying for us concerning our financial situation! God has taken care of us this far and won't forsake us now.

No comments: