My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and grandparents

Missie and grandparents

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie and I went to Canada in October

Missie and I went to Canada in October
Mom and Jim

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.
has a recliner and little refrig.

Missie wanted her room lime green and black

Missie wanted her room lime green and black
turned out very nice!

Left side of kitchen

Left side of kitchen

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Other half of living room

Other half of living room

Part of living room

Part of living room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Our new home!

Our new home!

Jr.s shop

Jr.s shop

2 car garage

2 car garage

This is the only way it would let me post :(

Here it is December, where has time gone. I just realized this a.m. I have not posted pics of our new home, where we moved to in May. I am really bad at blogging now :( Preston is doing great! He did have a cold, but other than that, he is doing well! We are so thankful for that.Missie loves Union Bible Academy. She has moved into the dorm so she won't have to drive 1 1/2 hrs/day and during winter it would have been hard. She loves living in dorm and having her friends there. She is in choir and absolutely loves that and travels when they travel. She is maintaining a B average, and that is great! It was a big switch to switch from ACE cirriculum to textbooks, but she has done very well. We love our home, and spending our first holidays in it! Will post some pics.

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston after his surgery

Preston after his surgery

Sunday, January 4, 2009

It's Sunday

I had thought I would do a run-down of 2008 but so far haven't gotten that done. Anyhow, here we are in 2009, and a new president about to take over. Many are skeptical, myself included, about his leadership, but we have to rely on the fact that God is still in control and running this world. God gave the American people a choice, and the American people voted him in; I still can hardly believe this. I can say this freely since I am a Canadian, ha ha! But I feel American since I have lived here almost 30 years.

Missie went to the youth scavenger hunt last night, which I felt was a mistake, but she wanted to go so bad, but it caused her to have a relapse. She woke up sick again and had diarrhea and could hardly walk all day. So she has been in bed most of the day again, and has eaten very little. I am worried about her. I am glad we are going to the dr. on Thurs. If they can find out exactly what type of arthritis we are dealing with and can help her get it under control, it will help so much. She is very discouraged from being sick, and cried because she cannot go back to school in the morning.

Junior has to work for Mike in Indianapolis tomorrow. I dread it, it is about an hr. away and he is always late getting home. Preston sits and worries because he is late; it is stressful. But we have to do what we have to do. He cannot work for our pastor anymore for a while because 10 of his rental places are not rented at this time, and he cannot afford to hire him anymore right now. A week from tomorrow he plans to go out and try to find a job. He will go to the temp. agencies and see if anything is available.

Thank the Lord our church lives streams our services. It is such a blessing. I was unable to get to sleep last night and was so tired this a.m. I went back to bed but got back up in time to hear part of the service. Tonight Junior and Preston went and I watched the sermon live on my computer. Bro. Mowery preached a tremendous sermon. It encouraged me to keep on doing what we are doing! My main goal in life is to get my children to Heaven. We gave up comforts to live in IN and have Missie in a holiness school. But it is because she needed a holiness school and we had to give her this chance. It has not been easy since we moved here in some ways; but our church is wonderful, and the school as well, and God is taking care of us; so we can't complain. We just have to keep trusting Him!

You all have a good week. We will try to do the same. I will update after we take both children to the dr. on Thurs.

1 comment:

urhis said...

I'm back from my mother's and just popped in to say Happy New Year. Isn't God good? He takes care of His own.