My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and grandparents

Missie and grandparents

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie and I went to Canada in October

Missie and I went to Canada in October
Mom and Jim

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.
has a recliner and little refrig.

Missie wanted her room lime green and black

Missie wanted her room lime green and black
turned out very nice!

Left side of kitchen

Left side of kitchen

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Other half of living room

Other half of living room

Part of living room

Part of living room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Our new home!

Our new home!

Jr.s shop

Jr.s shop

2 car garage

2 car garage

This is the only way it would let me post :(

Here it is December, where has time gone. I just realized this a.m. I have not posted pics of our new home, where we moved to in May. I am really bad at blogging now :( Preston is doing great! He did have a cold, but other than that, he is doing well! We are so thankful for that.Missie loves Union Bible Academy. She has moved into the dorm so she won't have to drive 1 1/2 hrs/day and during winter it would have been hard. She loves living in dorm and having her friends there. She is in choir and absolutely loves that and travels when they travel. She is maintaining a B average, and that is great! It was a big switch to switch from ACE cirriculum to textbooks, but she has done very well. We love our home, and spending our first holidays in it! Will post some pics.

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston after his surgery

Preston after his surgery

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sunday

Well, it is back to the grind tomorrow. Thank the Lord for a day of rest.
After lunch today Missie started to have severe stomach cramps. She took some meds. to see if that would help but by the time it was time to get dressed for church she was in tears. So Junior took Preston and went to church. Then my stomach started to bother me, so it may be a bug of some kind. I think part of Missie's problem is nerves. A lot has happened in her 13 years. Before Preston's shunt was working properly we had some bad times when we were in vehicles going places or coming home. Even though he doesn't do that now, she still gets nervous if she has to go somewhere with him. Church is the only place she goes in the same vehicle with him. I must admit I get nervous sometimes too about taking him places or going places with him. He still tends to get nervous if he has to go places, so that puts our nerves on edge. I know damage has been done to Missie's emotions; but I have tried to do well by both of my children; and God gave Preston to us, and we have done our best to care for him, and keep him in our home. I do not think he could survive anywhere else, literally. We are so happy he is doing so well, as far as his violent outbursts; they are sooo few and far between; only a couple since his illness, and one was when he had the infection in his incision. Missie used to be nervous all day every day and it broke my heart. That is MUCH better and I am so thankful for that.
You know, I told Junior tonight; some people have it so easy, yet they are not happy. Everything; even going to church, is a struggle for us. I don't understand why some have so many struggles and others have it much easier, yet they complain and are not happy. It is so sad. But as I have told Missie; happiness comes from within. No person or thing can make you happy. Only Jesus can do that; and deciding that in whatever circumstances God has places you, you will be happy. I had to do that, and I can say I am happy. Sometimes I wish we could do more things as a family; but it is all part of having a special needs child. We have learned to cope, and try to keep Missie's life as normal as possible. That is not easy. But we can only do our best.
Hope you all have a wonderful week.

3 comments:

CountryMouse said...

Hi Norma,
Poor Missie - I hope she is feeling better today - as you say perhaps her nerves brought on the stomach cramps. As you so rightly say happiness does come from within - we all have our own ups and downs in life and sometimes I wonder about the reasons of how some have life easier than others - but I guess there must be a reason for it all.
Glad you've been scrapbooking and are starting a new blog - that makes for some special time for you which is so important.
haven't been around for a while as am fighting a cold that just seems to have got the better of me for some reason.
Take care and a bug hug to all.

PS the sunset photo is beautiful

CountryMouse said...

Oh my goodness - whatever is a bug hug - sorry you guys I am sending a big hug to you all....

Norma Gwen Watson said...

A "bug" means a virus or flu bug that might be going around.

Hope ou get to feeling better with that cold.

Missie is still experiencing stomach pain today. Has a "sick day" off school.