My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and grandparents

Missie and grandparents

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie and I went to Canada in October

Missie and I went to Canada in October
Mom and Jim

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.
has a recliner and little refrig.

Missie wanted her room lime green and black

Missie wanted her room lime green and black
turned out very nice!

Left side of kitchen

Left side of kitchen

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Other half of living room

Other half of living room

Part of living room

Part of living room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Our new home!

Our new home!

Jr.s shop

Jr.s shop

2 car garage

2 car garage

This is the only way it would let me post :(

Here it is December, where has time gone. I just realized this a.m. I have not posted pics of our new home, where we moved to in May. I am really bad at blogging now :( Preston is doing great! He did have a cold, but other than that, he is doing well! We are so thankful for that.Missie loves Union Bible Academy. She has moved into the dorm so she won't have to drive 1 1/2 hrs/day and during winter it would have been hard. She loves living in dorm and having her friends there. She is in choir and absolutely loves that and travels when they travel. She is maintaining a B average, and that is great! It was a big switch to switch from ACE cirriculum to textbooks, but she has done very well. We love our home, and spending our first holidays in it! Will post some pics.

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston after his surgery

Preston after his surgery

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Guess what? On way home from bringing Preston home from dr. Jr. stopped and got me a dozen red roses!!!! He took me to an expensive place to eat last Fri. night and I thought that was our gift to each other. They are beautiful. Missie asked what he got her and he showed her a bag with bananas in it. Then he asked Missie to go to the van and get his and Preston's drink and bring them in, and when she got to the van there was a yellow rose awaiting her. She was soooo happy and excited. It is her 1st time to get a rose! Don't I have the sweetest hubby?

The dr. didn't take the staples out of Preston's head but said we could shampoo his hair and get some of the blood off of the incision. He has to go back in a couple of weeks and might get the staples out then. He is doing great. I have a fear that I have to fight about his getting back in the hospital. I have to ask God to please take the fear away. I just don't feel we can handle it any more for a while. I have to just put it God's hands and trust Him. Sometimes that is hard for me to do. I am supposed to make an appt. with the infectious disease dr. too, and he has to go to his psychiatrist next week. Oh me! It is hard for him to have a lot of appointments.

Preston sent his little girlfriend a card and a picture of himself and she got it today. She lives in Six Mile, a little ways from us, but not too far, and she called and thanked him and he said it made his day. It is cute to see them interested in each. She is much too young right now, for them to get serious, and when it is mentioned, he gets kind of scared. He is not sure he can handle marriage, and frankly we are not sure either! He said he wants to stay with me, but I told him I wouldn't always be here. He said Missie would take care of him then.
As this girl gets older, she may realize that she couldn't handle taking care of him. Time will tell.

Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

Les said...

How sweet!

CountryMouse said...

I am so pleased you had a lovely Valentines Day - what a wonderful surprise. Preston sounds like he's doing really well - good for him. I had a huge smile on my face when I read about his Valentine to his girlfriend - love really does make the world a better place.
I haven't been online much this week. Jamie was one on Friday so we had a family get together and as lovely as that is it means working hard for days before cleaning the house and doing all the food.
Glad all is going well with you and your family.

urhis said...

What lovely flowers! We are truly blessed.