My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and grandparents

Missie and grandparents

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie and I went to Canada in October

Missie and I went to Canada in October
Mom and Jim

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.
has a recliner and little refrig.

Missie wanted her room lime green and black

Missie wanted her room lime green and black
turned out very nice!

Left side of kitchen

Left side of kitchen

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Other half of living room

Other half of living room

Part of living room

Part of living room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Our new home!

Our new home!

Jr.s shop

Jr.s shop

2 car garage

2 car garage

This is the only way it would let me post :(

Here it is December, where has time gone. I just realized this a.m. I have not posted pics of our new home, where we moved to in May. I am really bad at blogging now :( Preston is doing great! He did have a cold, but other than that, he is doing well! We are so thankful for that.Missie loves Union Bible Academy. She has moved into the dorm so she won't have to drive 1 1/2 hrs/day and during winter it would have been hard. She loves living in dorm and having her friends there. She is in choir and absolutely loves that and travels when they travel. She is maintaining a B average, and that is great! It was a big switch to switch from ACE cirriculum to textbooks, but she has done very well. We love our home, and spending our first holidays in it! Will post some pics.

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston after his surgery

Preston after his surgery

Thursday, October 18, 2007

It's already Thurs.

This week has flown by. I am in a lot of pain with fibro. and experiencing the chronic fatique with it. My chest pains got a bit better though, and I am thankful for that. But today I have ached all over and just wanted to sleep all day, but that is impossible in my situation!

Anyhow, tomorrow a.m. we go to dr. to have the g-tube removed from Preston's tummy. They just pull it out quickly. I hope it won't hurt too bad; he is kind of afraid it will hurt. Also, he cannot eat in a.m. but he doesn't seem too worried about that.

Seniors Unlimited called tonight for directions to pick Preston up in a wheelchair van to go to his appt. He cannot go in a wheelchair to a van down in our driveway because of our yard. So I had to call medicaid transportation and start all over and finally got it arranged for him to have stretcher transport tomorrow. They even asked me this time how many steps we had! I said we have done this millions of times, I know that was an exaggeration, and we have to go through all of these questions? I had never counted them before so went out and counted them and there are 14! I explained they have to take him clear down into the yard to get him to ambulance. Anyhow, they called Med Shore and they are transporting us tomorrow; thank goodness. We have to be ready at 9:15 so that means I have to get up early. If I am sick with a fibro flair, it is hard on me to get up early, but am taking ALL of my prescription meds. tonight and hopefully I will feel much better in a.m.

Pray that all will go smoothly with the g-tube removal! They said the hole usually closes up itself, but if not, then they have to close it up. Preston doesn't usually follow any medical rules so I don't really know what to expect.

We got Preston a cane with 4 little legs on it at Walmart and it is helping his walking tremendously! He can lean on it, rather than me, or Jr. He actually walked the length of his desk last night and turned around and sat on his bed without any help. So he is getting stronger.

Hannah has been accepted in the program to be a companion and caregiver for Preston and has her ID number and we are waiting on a home visit with a nurse, Hannah, and us. They say it will be in Dec. probably. We are number 18 on a waiting list of 120. Maybe it will be sooner than that, I hope!

Gotta get to bed soon.

2 comments:

Les said...

Praying for you all.

Norma Gwen Watson said...

Thanks, it went ok. It hurt for a few minutes, then he was ok. Glad it is over with.