My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and grandparents

Missie and grandparents

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie and I went to Canada in October

Missie and I went to Canada in October
Mom and Jim

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.
has a recliner and little refrig.

Missie wanted her room lime green and black

Missie wanted her room lime green and black
turned out very nice!

Left side of kitchen

Left side of kitchen

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Other half of living room

Other half of living room

Part of living room

Part of living room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Our new home!

Our new home!

Jr.s shop

Jr.s shop

2 car garage

2 car garage

This is the only way it would let me post :(

Here it is December, where has time gone. I just realized this a.m. I have not posted pics of our new home, where we moved to in May. I am really bad at blogging now :( Preston is doing great! He did have a cold, but other than that, he is doing well! We are so thankful for that.Missie loves Union Bible Academy. She has moved into the dorm so she won't have to drive 1 1/2 hrs/day and during winter it would have been hard. She loves living in dorm and having her friends there. She is in choir and absolutely loves that and travels when they travel. She is maintaining a B average, and that is great! It was a big switch to switch from ACE cirriculum to textbooks, but she has done very well. We love our home, and spending our first holidays in it! Will post some pics.

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston after his surgery

Preston after his surgery

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Good day!

Well, overall today has been a good day. Jr. and Missie put up the wallpaper border in Preston's room. Then I put up his pet net and it is overflowing with stuffed animals. He won't let me get rid of them. I was able to get rid of some a while back. But he really needs 2 pet nets to hold them all. I will take pictures of his room and post some on here. It looks very nice with the blue walls, sea life wallpaper border, then wall stickers to match the border. Also, when I was up in Canada I found ceramic fish, turtle, seahorse, etc. for 25 cents each or less and bought them. I am pleased with his room. He likes it too.

Preston went outside and sat on his swing today on our porch. We moved it back up to the porch so it would be closer for him to sit on it and swing. It makes it crowded but that is ok. He put his hat and sunglasses on and sat outside for a while. I was glad for him to get some fresh air and sunshine.

I was thinking while folding clothes about my feelings of fatigue that I have, from the last 19 years, since Preston has been born and has had so many problems, then it came to me: there are some things Jr. and I will never have to face with our son, that many others have had to face. He will never go to war; he will never drink, smoke or take drugs; he will never be sexually immoral; he will never know the depths of a sinful life and that is such a HUGE blessing. No, he will never graduate from high school or college; he will never have a job probably; but what is more important? We know that he will make it to Heaven and that is worth it all. It is worth it all to go through the sorrows of a sick child to know he will never go to Hell. That just thrills my heart. While other parents have bleeding hearts for their lost children (in sin); Jr. and I have bleeding hearts because Preston isn't normal and we have had to watch him suffer. No one wants to see their children suffer. But I am so thankful for the things he will never do. I only hope and pray Missie will never experience the sinful life too. That is why it is so important to get her in a Holiness school. She goes into 9th grade next year; that is hard to believe. I don't care if we don't have a lot, just to get her a holiness education and see her totally rooted and grounded in the Lord is our greatest desire.

Many are worried about my physical health with caring for Preston, but we all work together as a family. Missie is right there to help me when Jr. is at work. When Jr. is home, he does most of it. So although there are some hard times for me since I have this arthritis and fibromyalgia, we plan to care for him as long as we can. We realize we might not always be able too. But he is improving and using the cane with the legs is helping. Jr. and I washed his hair and gave him a shower today. He gets one good shower a week, and bed baths during the week.

Friday is Mildred's last day; we will greatly miss her. She sweeps, does dishes, take clothes out of dryer and folds them all, and puts away what goes in kitchen and bathroom; she loves to be busy. It helps lighten my load a lot! I am sorry she has to go right now. Preston will miss her too.

Please just prayer that Hannah will be able to start sooner than the middle of December!

No comments: