My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and grandparents

Missie and grandparents

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie and I went to Canada in October

Missie and I went to Canada in October
Mom and Jim

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.
has a recliner and little refrig.

Missie wanted her room lime green and black

Missie wanted her room lime green and black
turned out very nice!

Left side of kitchen

Left side of kitchen

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Other half of living room

Other half of living room

Part of living room

Part of living room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Our new home!

Our new home!

Jr.s shop

Jr.s shop

2 car garage

2 car garage

This is the only way it would let me post :(

Here it is December, where has time gone. I just realized this a.m. I have not posted pics of our new home, where we moved to in May. I am really bad at blogging now :( Preston is doing great! He did have a cold, but other than that, he is doing well! We are so thankful for that.Missie loves Union Bible Academy. She has moved into the dorm so she won't have to drive 1 1/2 hrs/day and during winter it would have been hard. She loves living in dorm and having her friends there. She is in choir and absolutely loves that and travels when they travel. She is maintaining a B average, and that is great! It was a big switch to switch from ACE cirriculum to textbooks, but she has done very well. We love our home, and spending our first holidays in it! Will post some pics.

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston after his surgery

Preston after his surgery

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Saturday

I am glad it is Saturday. Jr. worked from 6-12 then has been home with us and that has been so nice. We just had a quiet afternoon. We got Preston up and I cut his hair and he was happy about that. He sat up for quite a while. His eyes have been just a sparkling today!

I have been feeling so tired, and then a headache, and not resting too well. I think maybe part of it is depression. I know I missed my meds. today, and have to be sure to take them tomorrow. I am very happy to be home, don't get me wrong, and very happy Preston is doing as well as he is, but I guess it all is catching up with me. I never talk to anyone or see anyone except the medical help that comes in, except maybe my mom, brother, my mother inlaw, on the phone. I guess I am kind of lonesome. We have no family, and not really any close friends. We just haven't had much opportunity to have friends with all that has happened in our lives since Preston has been born. I am so glad we have each other. Many times we say that is all we have, and God, too. I am not trying to put a guilt trip on anyone, but we have not had one visitor outside of medical people since Preston has been home in 3 weeks (will be on Monday.) I know people are busy and have their own lives. But I think it would help him a lot too to have company. I told Jr. I think that is why he is so happy to even have the nurse come by and take his blood pressure. Ok, so I am being a baby, but I guess I deserve to be after the past 12 weeks. I guess I am a little sad too because my mom got married today and I couldn't be there. She called me after her and Jim left the reception to go on their honeymoon. But Lord willing, Missie and I are going to fly up before winter for a few days to visit.

I hope tomorrow I will feel better. I will, if I take my meds. I try not to forget, or I start feeling down. Also, if I don't rest well, I don't feel well either. When Jr. got up this a.m. Preston was soaked. So he changed him, and then when I got up he was soaked again, and I had to strip the whole bed. It was a good hour before I got to eat breakfast, having to strip, bathe, give meds. and feed Preston. On Monday an organization called Community Long Term Care is coming and they will be helping with sending an aide etc. Missie and I will get to go places while she is here, if I can keep the car those days. They will also build us a ramp and help buy diapers.

Soon headed to bed.

1 comment:

cindy said...

Norma,

I cannot even begin to imagine how lonely and stressed you must feel. I am sure that you AND Missie will benefit from being able to get out a little bit, even if it is just for a walk 'around the block'. I know that Missie is a wonderful child, but I'm sure she is feeling the stress and isolation too. How wonderful to be able to leave Preston with someone who is trained to care for him! I bet even HE will enjoy having someone else to talk to!

You and your family are in my prayers!!!!!