My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and grandparents

Missie and grandparents

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie and I went to Canada in October

Missie and I went to Canada in October
Mom and Jim

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.
has a recliner and little refrig.

Missie wanted her room lime green and black

Missie wanted her room lime green and black
turned out very nice!

Left side of kitchen

Left side of kitchen

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Other half of living room

Other half of living room

Part of living room

Part of living room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Our new home!

Our new home!

Jr.s shop

Jr.s shop

2 car garage

2 car garage

This is the only way it would let me post :(

Here it is December, where has time gone. I just realized this a.m. I have not posted pics of our new home, where we moved to in May. I am really bad at blogging now :( Preston is doing great! He did have a cold, but other than that, he is doing well! We are so thankful for that.Missie loves Union Bible Academy. She has moved into the dorm so she won't have to drive 1 1/2 hrs/day and during winter it would have been hard. She loves living in dorm and having her friends there. She is in choir and absolutely loves that and travels when they travel. She is maintaining a B average, and that is great! It was a big switch to switch from ACE cirriculum to textbooks, but she has done very well. We love our home, and spending our first holidays in it! Will post some pics.

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston after his surgery

Preston after his surgery

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Tomorrow is school!

Missie starts school tomorrow at 9 a.m. and goes until 12. She is happy, and excited! She misses being with her friends during the summer. But she did attend 3 youth camps so this has been a good summer for her. She got sanctified this summer, too. She said it has made it so much easier for her to mind the Lord, since she has been sanctified. We are so thankful for such a special daughter. She is on her way to being 16 years old; it is hard to believe. She has been through a lot of trials, but last night the Lord met with her in personal devotions and she said she realizes how easy she has had it. What a blessing she is! She is growing up much too quickly. It is hard to believe she is going into 10th grade. Soon she will be graduating from high school, and what a sad/happy time that will be. Pray for her this school year; she will have a heavy load. She did so well last year and got so much accomplished!

Preston is doing well. He hasn't ridden his bike this week because of the heat/humidity. But he is doing well otherwise. He has been fishing on his computer, and catching lots of fish!

Yesterday was a wild day around here. We were able to help some people have a good laugh, who needed it, and you all know that laughter is the best medicine! I will tell you what all happened.

1. When I went to pull the mini blinds up in the kitchen which I do every a.m. because I love as much light coming in as possible, the one fell and broke. Thye end of the top piece broke completely off!

2. I decided to clean the window the big air conditioner was in. I know, I had a blond moment, Missie said. I folded the window in and washed it, so far so good, but when I went to fold it back up to close it, the air conditioner flew out of the window. I screamed for Missie and we were able to get it back into the window. But it was not working.

3. I fixed me an ice cream cone and on the way to put the waffle cones back in their place, I dropped the box and broke them all to pieces.

4. While putting away clean dishes, I dropped a big knife on my foot.

5. While ironing, I burnt my hand, not bad, just hurt at the moment.

6. I turned the oven on to cook, and when I went to put the food in, it was not working. None of the burners were working either. We have gas. So I wondered if they had turned our gas off, couldn't imagine that as I just made a payment a couple of days ago, come to find out, the plug wasn't in good in the wall. So I had to start all over pre-heating the oven to cook corn muffins and brownies.

7. While we were eating, I picked up Preston's fan to move it so I could get some air and something happened to it and a piece came off and was flying around inside the fan and I had to turn it off.

8. While we were eating, I got choked on some corn muffin.

Now Missie sent a text to one of her friend before #6, 7, 8 and told him what had happened and he wrote back all worried and asked if I had cut myself and if I was ok. Well, this struck us funny and Missie laughed until she cried, and I laughed as well. I was thankful he at least was concerned about me! LOL

Well, at the supper table when the stuff happened to me, she once again laughed until she cried, and Junior and Preston were laughing too! Then we put it on facebook, and gave some people some laughs that needed a good laugh. So it was all worth it.

Update on the above situation: Jr. fixed the air conditioner, thank the Lord, it was our best one and cost us $250 last year. It was just the fan had gotten stuck! I taped the blind and have it up temporarily. I didn't cut myself, nor burn myself real bad, thank the Lord. Jr. was also able to fix the fan and it is working fine. The choking wasn't nigh unto death, so all is well! LOL

Then we went to church last night (Missie wasn't sure if she should ride with me) and I wasn't sure if I should drive even the few blocks to church. But we made it safe and half way through service our assistant pastor said there was a tornado coming and he had men watching the doors. Well, I knew if we did get one and I couldn't get home right away that Preston would be upset, and I always want to be with my family if something like this happens. I told Missie I would rather die with Junior than be safe and not with him. She seemed to understand my reasoning. Someday she will fully understand :) So we came home early, and didn't get a tornado, thank the Lord, just a thunderstorm and some much needed rain. Then when I was getting Preston's meds. ready for him to go to bed I realized I had forgotten to go to the pharmacy and get one of his meds. and he was totally out. So Missie and I got dressed and away we went to CVS. But around midnight, God met with Missie and blessed her and showed her some things and it was so wonderful! So all in all, it was a WONDERFUL day because God was with us. If your life is dull and boring, come stay with us for a few days and you will be glad to go back to your dull boring life.

Junior got a call from a temp. agencey about a job. We thought maybe this was a GOOD job, but needless to say, it wasn't. It was a warehouse job where he would make $8/hr. I don't think so! He is making more than that now, even though he has to drive. We will keep praying and trusting the Lord to open up a better job closer to home!

So that is a day in the life of the Watsons!

No comments: