My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and grandparents

Missie and grandparents

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie and I went to Canada in October

Missie and I went to Canada in October
Mom and Jim

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.
has a recliner and little refrig.

Missie wanted her room lime green and black

Missie wanted her room lime green and black
turned out very nice!

Left side of kitchen

Left side of kitchen

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Other half of living room

Other half of living room

Part of living room

Part of living room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Our new home!

Our new home!

Jr.s shop

Jr.s shop

2 car garage

2 car garage

This is the only way it would let me post :(

Here it is December, where has time gone. I just realized this a.m. I have not posted pics of our new home, where we moved to in May. I am really bad at blogging now :( Preston is doing great! He did have a cold, but other than that, he is doing well! We are so thankful for that.Missie loves Union Bible Academy. She has moved into the dorm so she won't have to drive 1 1/2 hrs/day and during winter it would have been hard. She loves living in dorm and having her friends there. She is in choir and absolutely loves that and travels when they travel. She is maintaining a B average, and that is great! It was a big switch to switch from ACE cirriculum to textbooks, but she has done very well. We love our home, and spending our first holidays in it! Will post some pics.

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston after his surgery

Preston after his surgery

Monday, August 24, 2009

Back to School!

Well, Missie had her 1st full day of school today, for the school year of 09-10! She is happy going to school. I am happy for her!

Well, we got the news today that the anxiety medication that Preston takes is no longer being made in name brand. The generic doesn't work as well for him. But lately he has been telling me he is so nervous even with the buspar so I guess it is time for a change anyhow. The pharmacy called the psychiatrist and told him but I am going to call him myself tomorrow and ask what we can try instead of the buspar. He does have xanex but not sure if the dr. wants him to take it full time or not. So we have to switch meds. and also the coming of the fall is always hard for mentally ill people. That is why I dread the holidays every year! It is much better than it used to be before his shunt got fixed, but it is still a bit stressful!

Well, Missie had a new friend! They met by accident on facebook. Apparently there is another Watson girl whose name is Missy (spelled with y) and James found her and thought she was someone else. Well, they got to talking and talking and talking and today he told her he is interested in her and wants to get to know her. She is so excited. He is 17, will be 18 in Oct., striving to end his senior year of homeschooling by the end of December and coming to Union Bible College for the 2nd semester. The first day they talked they discussed their beliefs and they agreed! And the fact that Missie doesn't dress immodestly attracted him as well. It pays to not let your daughter wear every fad and fashion that comes out. I have taught her modesty and a lot of the modern day clothes even in the holiness churches are not modest. If you bend over and people can see down your shirt and see things that aren't to be seen; that is not modest. I will get off the soapbox now. But a good spiritual guy wants a good spiritual girl with the same values as he has. Anyhow, he is Bible Missionary and his family is friends with some people from Bible Missionary that we have known for years! It really is a small world. But I was praying for someone to come into Missie's life. This summer was a hard experience for her in the fact someone showed interest and said all the right things, but when it came down to it, told her he only liked her like a big brother would. So that was hurtful, but God knew what He was doing. I really hated that Missie had to go through that experience at the age of 15. I could say a lot here, but I won't. I pray for him daily, and have no ill will against him. But James is just what she needed right now! The big problem is there is 2 hr. difference in the time. They are 2 hours behind us, so that is hard at night. But they get to talk when she gets in from school and throughout the evening. They are getting to know each other, and will have more time together when he gets to UBC, for sure!

Junior's hours have changed from 7-3:30 to 8-4:30, I like it better him getting off at 3:30. But we are still praying he will get the job here in town where he has applied. God knows all about it. We have to have more income. My having to work in the evenings, if I have to, only complicates our lives even more and causes Preston anxiety. I just couldn't do it every night! But I am taking what jobs I can get on a part time basis. I also hope he has a local job before winter.

So that is the latest! Will post a picture of Missie's fair-haired boyfriend!

No comments: