My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and grandparents

Missie and grandparents

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie and I went to Canada in October

Missie and I went to Canada in October
Mom and Jim

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.
has a recliner and little refrig.

Missie wanted her room lime green and black

Missie wanted her room lime green and black
turned out very nice!

Left side of kitchen

Left side of kitchen

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Other half of living room

Other half of living room

Part of living room

Part of living room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Our new home!

Our new home!

Jr.s shop

Jr.s shop

2 car garage

2 car garage

This is the only way it would let me post :(

Here it is December, where has time gone. I just realized this a.m. I have not posted pics of our new home, where we moved to in May. I am really bad at blogging now :( Preston is doing great! He did have a cold, but other than that, he is doing well! We are so thankful for that.Missie loves Union Bible Academy. She has moved into the dorm so she won't have to drive 1 1/2 hrs/day and during winter it would have been hard. She loves living in dorm and having her friends there. She is in choir and absolutely loves that and travels when they travel. She is maintaining a B average, and that is great! It was a big switch to switch from ACE cirriculum to textbooks, but she has done very well. We love our home, and spending our first holidays in it! Will post some pics.

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston after his surgery

Preston after his surgery

Monday, August 31, 2009

It's Monday!

It's Monday! This is going to be a busy week.

Tomorrow night we start revival with Bro. Rowan Fay. He is an wonderful man! He loves to say "Wow" and I like that word too, lol.

Junior went for job interview on Friday. This afternoon he goes to take some tests. It looks like he will get this job, and it is here in Frankfort!!! He starts off at $2/more per hour than where he is now, and we will save about $35/week in gas! We have been praying he could get a better job! He will be running 3 machines, and working 3-11. Missie won't get to see him during the week, when she is in school. But maybe later he can get on days, after he has been there for a while.

Missie has decided, with our permission, to join her school's volleyball team. So she was trying to make some money to buy her uniform. She was asked to babysit on Friday evening and then she babysit on Sat. for the photographers of a wedding that took place at our church. She made a good amt. of money. She bought some minutes for her phone, knee pads for volleyball and this evening we will order her shirt. She is excited! She is working hard on her paces, and I am so thankful she is so smart and studious! She is very happy with her new boyfriend and loves spending time talking to him, either by phone or on instant messanger. He will be flying in, in 10 days! They are both very excited.

I just have to share what James said to me last night. I am not bragging when I say this; but I have put a lot of prayer and effort into teaching my daughter how to be a godly young woman. James told me last night what a good job we have done with our daughter and he said, "Thank you." That was soooo uplifting and amazing to me. For him to thank me, it really touched me. That makes all the time and effort worthwhile. I am proud of our daughter too; and Junior has surely helped in the making of the young lady that she is. We have so wanted a young man like James when it was time for our daughter to court! It is so wonderful how God brought them together when they both needed someone! God is faithful.

Last week was a hard week. I was in a lot of pain and lost a lot of sleep. Some nights I just can't sleep. Anyhow, I was kind of down. Well, our pastor has had hip replacement, and last night was his first time to open the service since surgery. He just lightens the whole atmosphere. Well, He was telling us that our congregation has 12 preachers in it and my friend sitting beside me, said loudly, "Awesome." Well, Pastor Johnson had preached about the awesomeness of God and made a statement that the word awesome should probably only be used when referring to God. So without even thinking, I looked at Janet and said, "Only God is awesome." Well, all those who heard me cracked up and we had a good laugh. I told Junior it was worth it to go to church to have a good laugh (there were more laughs as well) as I really needed that. What a wonderful church we have.

Pastor Johnson preached last night about when we are storms in our life that we need God's people and not to hide ourselves away and withdraw from people. Well, I do that. Depression causes a person to not want to be around a lot of people, especially when you are in a period of depression. But I do need God's people. I just have felt the last few years that I really didn't have energy to put into friendship. I feel spread so thin emotionally sometimes. But I am going to try and do better about this. He mentioned doing something nice for someone else when you feel down. So I am gonna try and do that!

You all have a good week!

No comments: