My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and grandparents

Missie and grandparents

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie and I went to Canada in October

Missie and I went to Canada in October
Mom and Jim

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.
has a recliner and little refrig.

Missie wanted her room lime green and black

Missie wanted her room lime green and black
turned out very nice!

Left side of kitchen

Left side of kitchen

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Other half of living room

Other half of living room

Part of living room

Part of living room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Our new home!

Our new home!

Jr.s shop

Jr.s shop

2 car garage

2 car garage

This is the only way it would let me post :(

Here it is December, where has time gone. I just realized this a.m. I have not posted pics of our new home, where we moved to in May. I am really bad at blogging now :( Preston is doing great! He did have a cold, but other than that, he is doing well! We are so thankful for that.Missie loves Union Bible Academy. She has moved into the dorm so she won't have to drive 1 1/2 hrs/day and during winter it would have been hard. She loves living in dorm and having her friends there. She is in choir and absolutely loves that and travels when they travel. She is maintaining a B average, and that is great! It was a big switch to switch from ACE cirriculum to textbooks, but she has done very well. We love our home, and spending our first holidays in it! Will post some pics.

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston after his surgery

Preston after his surgery

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thursday

Well, I had a mishap last night (nothing new for me). Missie and I went to a small group prayer meeting at a home, and I backed into a car sitting along street. Missie nor I neither one saw it. The man came out and I offered my insurance information but he wouldn't take it. He said it was a work car and that I really didn't hurt it, and that he was more worried about my van. My van has a dent in the fender, which Jr. can probably pop back out. The man of the house where the meeting was, came out and he is friends of the guy whose car I hit. So it all worked out. But I felt so bad. I told Missie maybe I had better stick to going to the church for prayer meetings, but she loves to go to the small one as one of her friends is always there with her family (Sara Dershied's dd). Missie actually went to 2 last night. Travis J. has one at 5 for the youth on the 3rd and 4th Wed. night of each month, then he does another adult one at 7. She enjoys Bro. Johnson so much! He has made such an impact on her life since she has met him.

Happy Bunny, thanks for saying our house is beautiful and homey looking. I try to make our homes homey inside and out. We are just renting. Our house in SC was rent to own and when we moved we just gave it back to the landlord because it was still in his name etc. We have been told by Johnsons that they would like to sell us this house, but we will see. Right now we can't afford to buy much of anything. I can't wait until Feb. when we get our tax refunds back and we can get some things we need for the house. We need more mini blinds, doors for the children's bedrooms, trash cans, curtain rods, curtains, etc. But these things can wait except for the doors, we feel those are a priority. We are getting a stove, and just need the line to hook it up to the gas. It will make cooking easier, but I have managed.

Well, I went to the local office to apply for medicaid yesterday, and I have an appt. on Monday. So we will see how that goes. I have to find some papers that I need to take with me. Jr. is having to get off 1 1/2 hrs. early to come and stay with Preston while I go for that. He will work an extra 1/2 hr. the other days to make it up to 40 hrs.

Today is Preston's shower day, so waiting for him to get up and around so I can get that over with. He just seems to tired. I think it is everything catching up with him; the emotional and physical part of the move, as both is hard on him.

I had thought maybe in a month we could put Preston on our insurance, but because of his age, we are not sure if that will work; but Jr. will check it out at work.

Until next time.

No comments: