My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and grandparents

Missie and grandparents

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie and I went to Canada in October

Missie and I went to Canada in October
Mom and Jim

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.
has a recliner and little refrig.

Missie wanted her room lime green and black

Missie wanted her room lime green and black
turned out very nice!

Left side of kitchen

Left side of kitchen

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Other half of living room

Other half of living room

Part of living room

Part of living room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Our new home!

Our new home!

Jr.s shop

Jr.s shop

2 car garage

2 car garage

This is the only way it would let me post :(

Here it is December, where has time gone. I just realized this a.m. I have not posted pics of our new home, where we moved to in May. I am really bad at blogging now :( Preston is doing great! He did have a cold, but other than that, he is doing well! We are so thankful for that.Missie loves Union Bible Academy. She has moved into the dorm so she won't have to drive 1 1/2 hrs/day and during winter it would have been hard. She loves living in dorm and having her friends there. She is in choir and absolutely loves that and travels when they travel. She is maintaining a B average, and that is great! It was a big switch to switch from ACE cirriculum to textbooks, but she has done very well. We love our home, and spending our first holidays in it! Will post some pics.

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston after his surgery

Preston after his surgery

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Internet

Hello everyone, we got our phone hooked up but it is taking longer to get the internet. I don't know why, but that's the way it is! We won't have it until next Wed.

Well, I want to tell you about our church! Sun a.m. Jr. and Missie went and Bro. Mowery preached a great sermon. Then we all went Sunday night. On Saturday night Preston was crying and saying he wanted to go to his own church in Easley! He was apprehensive about going to the new church. But on Sunday night we all went, and he loved it! What a service we had! God came during the congregational singing, people went to the altar and prayed through; then testimonies, 2 special songs, more testimonies, then several got anointed for physical needs. So after that service, Preston was sold on the church! Missie was touched too by the service. It was such a blessing. From the platform, Bro Mowery said he was glad we were all there, but then singled out Preston and said he was glad Preston was there and that Preston hadn't wanted to leave his church in SC and that he didn't blame him. He said he could understand that as Terry Going had been Preston's pastor. Then he said he was going to try to be as good a pastor to Preston as Bro. Going had been! Isn't that sweet? Bro. Johnson saw him walking up the ramp and went to the door so that Preston would see a familiar face when he walked in the church. Everyone is so nice, friendly, and apparently happy to have us! We are thankful to be there. To be able to walk into the school and see everyone looking like holiness people, is such an awesome experience. Many take it for granted; but not us! We have longed for a holiness school for so long for Missie. She loves her school, and the teachers, principal etc. She has new friends. It is wonderful.

On another note, Missie is having a lot of pain since we moved with her arthritis. I am having a lot of pain too; but I think it is just exhaustion catching up with us. It has been a hard move, and she started school the day after we arrived. So hopefully in a week or two, we will feel better.

Junior started his new job on Monday. They are slow right now, but have some big jobs coming up; but want him because of his experience. He will be getting 40 hrs. right now, so that is ok.

So that is the latest for now. I am almost all unpacked, and I finally got caught up on my laundry.

Talk to you all later!

3 comments:

CountryMouse said...

Hi Norma,
So pleased everything is working out well for you all. Sorry I haven't been around before - the girls started their new school and charlotte started college so it was quite an upheaval but thankfully all are happy and we are now settling into the new routine.
The church sounds really good and I'm so pleased you are all receiving such a warm welcome. Your prayers were answered and I'm sure you will all be happy in your new home.
Take care and as always you are all in my prayers.
PS Love the new photos.

Martha C said...

Glad to hear things are going so well!

Anonymous said...

I FINALLY FOUND YOUR BLOG..I HAVE BEEN SO CONCERNED ABOUT YOU ALL..AND I MISS YOU SO MUCH ONLINE...HURRY !! GET INTERNET..HA I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU ALL AND KNOW GOD HAS MADE THIS WAY FOR YOU ALL..MAKES ME SO HOMESICK FOR IND. HA WHY NOT?? GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND I WILL BE WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU ..LOVE YOU ALL