My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and grandparents

Missie and grandparents

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie and I went to Canada in October

Missie and I went to Canada in October
Mom and Jim

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.
has a recliner and little refrig.

Missie wanted her room lime green and black

Missie wanted her room lime green and black
turned out very nice!

Left side of kitchen

Left side of kitchen

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Other half of living room

Other half of living room

Part of living room

Part of living room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Our new home!

Our new home!

Jr.s shop

Jr.s shop

2 car garage

2 car garage

This is the only way it would let me post :(

Here it is December, where has time gone. I just realized this a.m. I have not posted pics of our new home, where we moved to in May. I am really bad at blogging now :( Preston is doing great! He did have a cold, but other than that, he is doing well! We are so thankful for that.Missie loves Union Bible Academy. She has moved into the dorm so she won't have to drive 1 1/2 hrs/day and during winter it would have been hard. She loves living in dorm and having her friends there. She is in choir and absolutely loves that and travels when they travel. She is maintaining a B average, and that is great! It was a big switch to switch from ACE cirriculum to textbooks, but she has done very well. We love our home, and spending our first holidays in it! Will post some pics.

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston after his surgery

Preston after his surgery

Monday, March 31, 2008

So soon?

Wow, this is amazing. I blogged yesterday and now again today?

Well, we heard a fabulous message last night from Dr. Kaufman. It was almost like he was telling Jr.'s and my life story. Yes! I couldn't believe it. He preached on Abraham and Isaac. You might not see the connection, but believe me, we did! God asked Abraham to give up his most prized possession, his only son. Last June, it looked like we might have to give up our only son. But just as Abraham had the knife raised to obey God, God stepped in and provided a ram. Just when Preston was at the lowest ebb and near death, God stepped in and touched him and gave him back to us. He said he didn't know why God takes us to the very bottom and then steps in; but it is His way. And yes, it is a HARD way. But you know what? God gave us back our son, and what a sweeter, different son we have now. He is so much happier, and sweeter, and our love for him continues to grow. Yes, we get tired. I am with him almost 24/7 and some of his quirks and routines get to me sometimes. Yes, I have taken care of him for 20 years and I am wearing down. And I have been in the valley of discouragment for a while. I usually bounce back quicker than this, but this time, I am just having a harder time getting back up, so to speak. Sometimes I see a small ray of hope, but not enough to bring me out of this valley of discouragement. But maybe over time, I will regain my strength and overcome. Some would say it is time to get back up, and get over it, but unless you have been there, you just don't know. It is easier said than done. So I continue to plod along on this journey. I am going through all of the motions of life, but not having a lot of joyous emotions, but "joy comes in the morning." When my morning will be, is yet to be known.

2 comments:

CountryMouse said...

Very wise posting Norma. You are so right and all I have found when I have felt in these situations which I have in the past is to just take one day at a time and slowly ease back in my own time.
Too often people say 'pick yourself up or pull yourself together' and they really are the most unhelpful comments.
If its any consolation I have read through your story and as I have got to know you and your family through your writing I think you are a truly amazing woman and an example to us all.
Your burden has been hard but you have carried it through with hope and dignity. Preston and Missie are very lucky children.
Take care...

Norma Gwen Watson said...

Thanks Happybunny! I have been strong, but maybe I am weakening from it all? I know getting older makes that possible; we just can't take what we used to. But we are plodding along taking one day at a time. Thanks for your comment, and for caring!