My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and grandparents

Missie and grandparents

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie and I went to Canada in October

Missie and I went to Canada in October
Mom and Jim

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.
has a recliner and little refrig.

Missie wanted her room lime green and black

Missie wanted her room lime green and black
turned out very nice!

Left side of kitchen

Left side of kitchen

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Other half of living room

Other half of living room

Part of living room

Part of living room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Our new home!

Our new home!

Jr.s shop

Jr.s shop

2 car garage

2 car garage

This is the only way it would let me post :(

Here it is December, where has time gone. I just realized this a.m. I have not posted pics of our new home, where we moved to in May. I am really bad at blogging now :( Preston is doing great! He did have a cold, but other than that, he is doing well! We are so thankful for that.Missie loves Union Bible Academy. She has moved into the dorm so she won't have to drive 1 1/2 hrs/day and during winter it would have been hard. She loves living in dorm and having her friends there. She is in choir and absolutely loves that and travels when they travel. She is maintaining a B average, and that is great! It was a big switch to switch from ACE cirriculum to textbooks, but she has done very well. We love our home, and spending our first holidays in it! Will post some pics.

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston after his surgery

Preston after his surgery

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Interesting job???? and my card blogspot!

http://normascardsandthings.blogspot.com/

Take a look at all the cards I have been making lately.

I made 10 Easter, 6 apple, and several yellow/blue combo cards.

I made 3 men's cards tonight, but haven't gotten them pictured yet.

I LOVE making greeting cards, have you guessed that yet?

On a different note: On my the way home from town tonight Missie asked me if I had any friends that had an interesting job. I told her yes, myself, that my job was interesting. She seems kind of surprised. I told her I LOVE my job as wife, mommy, homemaker and wouldn't trade it for any other job in the world. I am so glad that is true. I do not yearn to have a career. My greatest desire was to be a mommy, and when I finally did become one, I wasn't about to put my children in daycare so I could work. So I think my job is very interesting, to say the least, living with Preston would make anyone's life interesting! LOL The children and I sat outside in out swing today and enjoyed the lovely weather; what more could I ask for? Our home is too small really, but I love my home and love to stay home. I do not like having to go places every day. That is so tiring and I love being home. "Godliness with contentment is great gain."

2 comments:

CountryMouse said...

Hi Norma,
Thanks for passing by my blog. Like you I have been quite despondent the last couple of weeks. It started when I strained my shoulder. I think I turned awkwardly so for about a week everything was extremly painful and didnt help with the problem that I have with my hands. just as that was getting better I went down with a tummy bug which left me for a few days with a pounding headache. Like you everyday seemed a struggle and just wore me down.

I am so sorry about the sad news of your friends baby - my heart goes out to her and I hope she can come to terms in time that sadly these things happen and I'm sure she was in no way to blame. Its something that could happen to any of our children at any given time.

I'm glad Preston is on the mend again and I hope Missie starts to feel positive soon. I love Q and I'm sure she brings her much happiness.

Take care Norma, I'll pass by again soon. As always you are in my thoughts and prayers.

CountryMouse said...

Hi Norma,
Just passed by to say hello and hope you are all well. So glad that you,ve been making the cards and set up a new blog - will go and have a look in a minute.
Wishing you all a relaxing and peaceful weekend.