My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and grandparents

Missie and grandparents

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie and I went to Canada in October

Missie and I went to Canada in October
Mom and Jim

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.
has a recliner and little refrig.

Missie wanted her room lime green and black

Missie wanted her room lime green and black
turned out very nice!

Left side of kitchen

Left side of kitchen

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Other half of living room

Other half of living room

Part of living room

Part of living room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Our new home!

Our new home!

Jr.s shop

Jr.s shop

2 car garage

2 car garage

This is the only way it would let me post :(

Here it is December, where has time gone. I just realized this a.m. I have not posted pics of our new home, where we moved to in May. I am really bad at blogging now :( Preston is doing great! He did have a cold, but other than that, he is doing well! We are so thankful for that.Missie loves Union Bible Academy. She has moved into the dorm so she won't have to drive 1 1/2 hrs/day and during winter it would have been hard. She loves living in dorm and having her friends there. She is in choir and absolutely loves that and travels when they travel. She is maintaining a B average, and that is great! It was a big switch to switch from ACE cirriculum to textbooks, but she has done very well. We love our home, and spending our first holidays in it! Will post some pics.

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston after his surgery

Preston after his surgery

Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter weekend

Well, Easter is over. Last night at church, our pastor's wife asked me if we had a nice Easter. Well, it wasn't any different for us than any other time. I then realized that we kind of live a lonely life. We don't socialize much. We don't invite people here very often nor do we get invited. But I guess with all that has happened to us in the last year, we just don't have the energy. I was so tired in church last night. In fact, I was so tired all day yesterday. I tried to get up to go to Sunday a.m. Easter service, and had to go back to bed. Jr. took care of feeding Preston and giving him his meds. and even cooked chicken for dinner. I finally got up at 12:30 and was tired the rest of the day. Thank goodness Jr. is younger than I am, LOL. Anyhow, back to Easter; nothing exciting happened. We have no family to celebrate with, but we are used to that. Anyhow, we are happy to be together as a family, us 4 and nor more, LOL, and be at home and not in Greenville Memorial.
And we have a new member in our household. A beautiful, sweet little puppy. She is spoiled rotten. She sleeps with Missie. She is so tiny and cute. She loves to be held. Even Preston holds her and she sleeps in his lap. I will post a picture of her. Missie has named her "munchkin." But Missie is realizing how much work a baby is, LOL. She is adorable though.
It has turned off cold again. Our propane is gone and it is too expensive to buy more, so we are using a oil filled electric heater, and then tonight the neighbor lent us their kerosene heater. We put it on and it got so hot. So we have the electric oil filled heater on high. If it is cold in here when Jr. gets up at 4:30 he will light the kerosene heater. The joys of winter! And I was hoping the cold was gone since we had run out of gas.
Gotta hit the hay; tomorrow comes whether I am ready for it or not.

3 comments:

urhis said...

Hi Norma,
My husband Phillip and daughter Naomi and I went to my mother's for Easter in Ohio. Naomi eat all weekend and her grandma enjoyed cooking for her. It was 4 hours to travel there and so the long trip home seemed so long.I hope Missie has fun with her new puppie.I always enjoy checking in on your blog. Take Care.

Martha C said...

Awww. . .The puppy is so cute!

CountryMouse said...

Hi Norma,
Wow how cute is Munchkin - what great company for Missie. She must be very busy looking after Munchkin and Q.
Sorry to hear you are feeling really tired at the moment. perhaps when warmer days come we will all benefit more. We had snow last weekend - pretty but very cold. This weekend we are forcast heavy rain - still warmer weather has to be on its way.
Hope you are doing well on E bay with your cards.
As always you are in my thoughts and prayers.