My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and grandparents

Missie and grandparents

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie and I went to Canada in October

Missie and I went to Canada in October
Mom and Jim

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.
has a recliner and little refrig.

Missie wanted her room lime green and black

Missie wanted her room lime green and black
turned out very nice!

Left side of kitchen

Left side of kitchen

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Other half of living room

Other half of living room

Part of living room

Part of living room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Our new home!

Our new home!

Jr.s shop

Jr.s shop

2 car garage

2 car garage

This is the only way it would let me post :(

Here it is December, where has time gone. I just realized this a.m. I have not posted pics of our new home, where we moved to in May. I am really bad at blogging now :( Preston is doing great! He did have a cold, but other than that, he is doing well! We are so thankful for that.Missie loves Union Bible Academy. She has moved into the dorm so she won't have to drive 1 1/2 hrs/day and during winter it would have been hard. She loves living in dorm and having her friends there. She is in choir and absolutely loves that and travels when they travel. She is maintaining a B average, and that is great! It was a big switch to switch from ACE cirriculum to textbooks, but she has done very well. We love our home, and spending our first holidays in it! Will post some pics.

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston after his surgery

Preston after his surgery

Monday, September 24, 2007

Toothless Joe??

I presume many besides me have heard of toothless Joe? Well, it is not Joe this time without his teeth, it is yours truly! Yep! My top dentures are GONE, and although hubby, myself and Missie have looked many times; they have not returned. This is the story. My upper dentures have NEVER fit me properly. I have to keep them glued in and they can only stay in so long until I start gagging to throw up. So last night was no exception. They fell out while I was eating at the fellowship hall and I had to exit to the bathroom to glue them back in. On the way home I started to gag, so I took them out and I guess I laid them on my lap??? I cannot remember anything past taking them out. Well, we are having to go up our neighbor's driveway so we can park at the back of the house to get Preston in the car to go to church. Well, it is a terrible driveway and with all of us we, the bottom of the car scrapes and it drives me crazy. So Missie and I decided to get out at the end of that driveway and walk the rest of the way home. Well, I was almost to our back door when I remembered my dentures. I had no recollection of where they were. Had I put them in my purse (hopefully)? But after Jr. and I both searched my purse, they were not to be found. So Missie and I walked back down the driveway but couldn't find them. Jr. took the car down and used the car lights, but to no avail. Today Missie and I looked, but they are not to be found. So I am a toothless momma, (at least my top teeth are gone) until Friday. Friday at 8 a.m. I go to have them remade. I hope they will fit this time. Jr. has been aggravated with these teeth since I have gotten them. Once the swelling went down, they were way too big. Then they told me I had to pay $120 to have them relined. But now I have to get new ones to the tune of $335, but my mom is sending me $100 to help on them, and I would have had to pay $120 anyhow on the old ones, so I am really just out the $115. Yes, that is too much, but it cannot be helped. I have to have my teeth. I cannot stand for people to see me without them. Our caseworker from the Greenville Memorial Hospital Home Health system came today, and I had to let him see me. Tomorrow Preston's aide comes and I have to tell her the story. Woe is me!

The caseworker asked me today about Preston going to outpatient rehab at Roger C. Peace and I called medicaid transportation and they will transport him on a stretcher in ambulance for therapies. Then I had to call the dr. to have fax Roger C. Peace an order for therapy. So I may hear something in a few days. We do not have much room here to walk Preston or any equipment, so we all feel outpatient therapies at the TBI (Trauma Brain Injury) section of Peace will be beneficial to Preston. My biggest concern is how often, and how long, because I do have Missie to think about and helping her with homeschooling and she doesn't like to stay alone for very long, which is understandable. No one bothers her, but since Preston has baeen sick, she likes for me or her daddy to be here. Sometimes Jr. takes her to his office and stays with him.

So that is the latest. You never know what you will read on this blog. It seems we are gluttons for punishment in the form of trouble and trials. Such is life.

I wanted to tell a story about what a hug can do. The same dear lady I mentioned in another post hugs me every time she seems me and it warms my heart. It lets me know she cares about me. When I was a pastor's wife, I befriended several elderly people who lived in a complex within walking distance from our church. One of these ladies was very contankerous, and her only child, a daughter, wouldn't hardly ever come to see her. Well, I loved this woman, and went to see her and I started giving her a hug when I would leave. At first she was very stiff (ever hugged someone who is stiff?) and didn't respond to my hugs. But do you know as time went on, before I could reach out to hug her, she was reaching out to me for a hug. Her daughter told me she had not had a hug in many years. Her daughter and her was reconciled and her daughter and I became great friends. All because I cared about this contankerous old lady and reached out in love to her with a hug. Never be afraid to hug someone you love. It will make more of a difference than you can ever imagine!

That is all for tonight.

No comments: