My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and grandparents

Missie and grandparents

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie and I went to Canada in October

Missie and I went to Canada in October
Mom and Jim

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.
has a recliner and little refrig.

Missie wanted her room lime green and black

Missie wanted her room lime green and black
turned out very nice!

Left side of kitchen

Left side of kitchen

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Other half of living room

Other half of living room

Part of living room

Part of living room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Our new home!

Our new home!

Jr.s shop

Jr.s shop

2 car garage

2 car garage

This is the only way it would let me post :(

Here it is December, where has time gone. I just realized this a.m. I have not posted pics of our new home, where we moved to in May. I am really bad at blogging now :( Preston is doing great! He did have a cold, but other than that, he is doing well! We are so thankful for that.Missie loves Union Bible Academy. She has moved into the dorm so she won't have to drive 1 1/2 hrs/day and during winter it would have been hard. She loves living in dorm and having her friends there. She is in choir and absolutely loves that and travels when they travel. She is maintaining a B average, and that is great! It was a big switch to switch from ACE cirriculum to textbooks, but she has done very well. We love our home, and spending our first holidays in it! Will post some pics.

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston after his surgery

Preston after his surgery

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Back at last

Well, I haven't blogged in a while.

On Aug. 25h Missie and I flew to Syracuse, NY and my brother and his wife picked us up and we drove on into Canada. My mom and stepdad met us in town, for supper. Then we made our way to my mom's. I had a terrible headache, and it has been so hot all day, and it took me a while to get cooled off. Mom only air in one bedroom, and of course, there was a heatwave. But we managed pretty good. My mom had had the flu and she relapsed and started running a fever, having chills, so weak, etc., so on Wed. we took her back to the dr. He still said it was a virus and it would just take some time for her to get over it. So she wasn't able to go with me hardly anywhere. But I was able to help her by cooking supper for her and Jim. She is slowly recovering.

On Tues. while were there, my brother Myles, who was on vacation, took Missie to Fort Henry, where the US and Canadians fought for Canada's independance, and she thoroughly enjoyed that. Then that evening, he and Carol took Missie and I to Brewer's Mill's locks. It was so cool and relaxing by the water. The locks were closed so we didn't actually get to see them opening to let the boats through, but nevertheless we enjoyed it. On Thurs. Missie and I went on the 1,000 Island Boat Cruise. It was awesome! Some of the islands are in Canada, and some in US. We went under the Ivy Lee Bridge, saw the smallest bridge connecting US and Canada (cannot even drive across it), Boldt Castle, etc. etc. As we went along the captain or someone would tell us the facts and the islands, etc. Normally this cruise is $27 each, and we didn't have that much money to spend on it, but a friend of my mom's from church, got on us FREE, we were so thankful. Missie really enjoyed it and I did too. I will post some pictures. Then Friday it was back to NY and we flew once again from Syracuse to Philadelphia, and from Philly back to Greenville. Preston and Jr. came and picked us up at airport! Junior had been able to get Preston up and outside and into the car (something I cannot do alone at this point) and taken him a couple of places while I was gone, so they were able to meet us at the airport.

Tues. was our official day to start homeschooling. Missie wants to go to school very bad. She cried yesterday. I understand how she feels, but there is not a Holiness school close to us and never again will she go to a Baptist school. We have considered letting her go to NC to Graham and stay with one of my best friernds, and go to school there; but she is so young to be away from home. We are praying about what we should do to solve this problem. We could move to NC but we really want to move to PA to Penn View area, but cannot do that until after the new year. God will have to show us what the right move is, and when. But we definately know this is the last year we can homeschool. I was so overwhelmed yesterday; taking are of Preston, people in and out, homeschooling, trying to get my house work done, etc. etc. I just feel like I cannot do it all anymore. I even have trouble helping Missie with her work; my mind is just too overloaded and I cannot do it all. Preston was independant before this illness, now he is almost totally dependant. That is a load in itself. Hopefully soon my friend Hannah will be starting and will take over more of his care and give me time for my housework and to help Missie. Please pray for us. We have to make a change and soon. Missie's and my mental help are about at the breaking point, and God knows all about it. Please pray that God will work it all out and soon. Part of the problem is, the house is not in our name, because we are paying an individual rather than a mortgage company. It will be hard to sell it, this way. We want to be able to sell and make a little because we can get more than we owe on it, to help us get started in a new place. We may just have to give it back to the man, and then we are back to where we started; and have to start from scratch. At our ages, that is hard. We want to have our house and not just rent, but Missie is our number one priority right now, and God will have open the right doors and show us the right way to go. We just need your prayers.

Thanks for reading this, and for praying.

1 comment:

cindy said...

Norma,

So glad you had a good trip. I understand about homeschooling. I cannot imagine homeschooling along with caring for Preston. I have trouble getting Piper's work done with Zoie running around. I wil keep you and your family in my prayers.

Love, Cindy