My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and grandparents

Missie and grandparents

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie and I went to Canada in October

Missie and I went to Canada in October
Mom and Jim

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.
has a recliner and little refrig.

Missie wanted her room lime green and black

Missie wanted her room lime green and black
turned out very nice!

Left side of kitchen

Left side of kitchen

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Other half of living room

Other half of living room

Part of living room

Part of living room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Our new home!

Our new home!

Jr.s shop

Jr.s shop

2 car garage

2 car garage

This is the only way it would let me post :(

Here it is December, where has time gone. I just realized this a.m. I have not posted pics of our new home, where we moved to in May. I am really bad at blogging now :( Preston is doing great! He did have a cold, but other than that, he is doing well! We are so thankful for that.Missie loves Union Bible Academy. She has moved into the dorm so she won't have to drive 1 1/2 hrs/day and during winter it would have been hard. She loves living in dorm and having her friends there. She is in choir and absolutely loves that and travels when they travel. She is maintaining a B average, and that is great! It was a big switch to switch from ACE cirriculum to textbooks, but she has done very well. We love our home, and spending our first holidays in it! Will post some pics.

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston after his surgery

Preston after his surgery

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Tues. p.m. update

Wow, what a loooong day. Preston started having seizures and we couldn't wake him up. I was there alone with him. It was so scary to see him seizing because he tried to tell me something and then he was seizing. So I think he was trying to tell me he was having a seizure. He always does and they can be scary, but usually they are not that bad. Anyhow, Jr. was coming, but they rushed and took Preston to surgery and took out all of the hardware and put another external shunt in. He had to be on the respirator longer than usual and they called Jr. and I down to recovery. He looked awful. But we were so surprised that in a few moments they called and said he was off the respirator. I was thanking the Lord for that. They moved him back to PICU, I specifically asked his dr. to not put in regular ICU because they won't let us stay in there. So he said he wouldn't. Anyhow, he got agitated a couple of times in PICU, but we got him calmed down. When I left the shunt is draining and he is resting. Praise the Lord for that. If this is scattered, I am sorry, it has been a long day, and I am headed to bed.

Norma Gwen

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hoping all goes well Norma.... Only God knows what his plans for Preston are... May the angels continue to surround you all in thier loving peace... hugs, juli ( mommie's group)

Les said...

My kids and I just had a moment of prayer for Preston, and for Missie's birthday! God bless you!

Anonymous said...

You all are in our thoughts and prayers. We remember all the good times we shared in N.C. and wish only the best for all of you.
Ben & Joyce

Norma Gwen Watson said...

Thanks Juli for posting! God is helping us.

Norma Gwen Watson said...

Joyce, that seems soooo long again, our Bible College days, doesn't it! Glad you found my blog.

Norma

Norma Gwen Watson said...

Les, that is so sweet. Prayers are all that really matter right now! Missie had a good birthday considering Preston's illness.

Norma