My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and grandparents

Missie and grandparents

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie and I went to Canada in October

Missie and I went to Canada in October
Mom and Jim

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.
has a recliner and little refrig.

Missie wanted her room lime green and black

Missie wanted her room lime green and black
turned out very nice!

Left side of kitchen

Left side of kitchen

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Other half of living room

Other half of living room

Part of living room

Part of living room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Our new home!

Our new home!

Jr.s shop

Jr.s shop

2 car garage

2 car garage

This is the only way it would let me post :(

Here it is December, where has time gone. I just realized this a.m. I have not posted pics of our new home, where we moved to in May. I am really bad at blogging now :( Preston is doing great! He did have a cold, but other than that, he is doing well! We are so thankful for that.Missie loves Union Bible Academy. She has moved into the dorm so she won't have to drive 1 1/2 hrs/day and during winter it would have been hard. She loves living in dorm and having her friends there. She is in choir and absolutely loves that and travels when they travel. She is maintaining a B average, and that is great! It was a big switch to switch from ACE cirriculum to textbooks, but she has done very well. We love our home, and spending our first holidays in it! Will post some pics.

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston after his surgery

Preston after his surgery

Friday, May 4, 2007

Friday - Preston

Well, here is my latest update.

Preston is eating, drinking, getting up with help to go to the bathroom, and is calm as he can be. We are the most surprised at that, I guess. He is so sweet and calm, never getting excited or nervous. I hope this continues forever and ever. He doesn't have any IV's right now! He is off oxygen most of the time during the day, but had to go back on it last night while he was sleeping. Dr. hopes to put the internal shunt in one day next week, but there is still a lot of blood in his spinal fluid, until it becomes clear he will not do it. I feel we are going to be there at least another week, and the dr. said he will be in PICU until the surgery. The external shunt needs extra attention, and infection is a high risk. Today was not the best day on the unit. We had 3 different nurses and I ended up one time having to change Preston alone. I am glad he had a diaper on, but it was still hard, but I managed it. This is the first day we haven't gotten the best of service.

Some dear friends sent Preston a set of I Love Lucy dvds. It helps stimulate his mind and he gets some great laughs from the dvds. He loves the Andy Griffith and I love Lucy ones. It helps pass the long hours for him. I was able to go to a family room today and read my email, and go down for my meals. It gets me out of the room for a little while and he is fine for a while.

I am worn to a frazzle. Missie and I are home tonight to get a good night's rest. Any and every prayer will be much appreciated. Missie is missing her family. She was supposed to stay with someone tonight again, who loves her very much and spoils her, but when they brought her to the hospital she didn't want to leave. So she stayed and Jr., Missie and I ate supper together at the hospital. Bro. Curtis visited with Preston for a few minutes; Preston was so happy to see him. He loves Bro. Curtis, our assistant pastor.

We have decided that Jr. will have to take some days off next week. I just cannot do it all alone next week. God will have to supply the financial need. I cannot even worry about the money part right now, my mind is too tired. It will all work out.

Preston has had many visits from our church family. Our pastor has been there every day but one. It is sooo appreciated. It brightens his days as well as mine or Junior's, whoever is staying with him. He has received cards, money, flowers, gifts, thanks everyone!!! It is all a blessing and shows how much he is loved.

Norma Gwen

No comments: