My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and grandparents

Missie and grandparents

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie and I went to Canada in October

Missie and I went to Canada in October
Mom and Jim

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.
has a recliner and little refrig.

Missie wanted her room lime green and black

Missie wanted her room lime green and black
turned out very nice!

Left side of kitchen

Left side of kitchen

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Other half of living room

Other half of living room

Part of living room

Part of living room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Our new home!

Our new home!

Jr.s shop

Jr.s shop

2 car garage

2 car garage

This is the only way it would let me post :(

Here it is December, where has time gone. I just realized this a.m. I have not posted pics of our new home, where we moved to in May. I am really bad at blogging now :( Preston is doing great! He did have a cold, but other than that, he is doing well! We are so thankful for that.Missie loves Union Bible Academy. She has moved into the dorm so she won't have to drive 1 1/2 hrs/day and during winter it would have been hard. She loves living in dorm and having her friends there. She is in choir and absolutely loves that and travels when they travel. She is maintaining a B average, and that is great! It was a big switch to switch from ACE cirriculum to textbooks, but she has done very well. We love our home, and spending our first holidays in it! Will post some pics.

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston after his surgery

Preston after his surgery

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sunday, July 19th

Well, I did a whole update and it disappeared. So I will start again.

Missie is at her 3rd and last youth camp for the summer. Jared, her new friend, invited her to go to this one, it is his home church's youth camp and his parents basically run the camp. So I took her over 1/2 way up there yesterday and Jared and his mom met me and took her the rest of the way up. They are a nice family. But the problem is, she is in pain with a tooth. Most of you will remember she had an accident a few years back where 1/2 of both of her front teeth got knocked out with a pool ball. These were her permanent teeth too. They were repaired, but a little over a year ago, she had to have a root canal on one of them. Well, the other one is getting abcessed, and she is in OH. It was acting strange before she left, and feeling funny, so I sent some antibiotics I had here and she takes tylenol arthritis anyhow for her hypermobility. The tylenol isn't helping much today, though. I hope she can get the pain under control and enjoy the camp. A lot of people are arriving, and they have begin registration today. She met a girl who goes to Penn View (as Jared does, too) and they have become friends. They went with Jared's family to their church this a.m. and to their house for dinner. Anyhow, she is in OH and hopes to be there until Sat. On Sat. Junior will go up and get her. She gets so lonely during the summer when school is out, and loves youth camp. She sold her Ipod to be able to go to this one. Please pray the antibiotics will help so she can stay.

Junior is working 40 hrs/week, but the rate of pay is lower than he has made in years, and he has to drive a little distance to work and back. I so wish he could get a job in this town with a little higher hourly wage. But we are thankful he has a job at all. Even if he worked here in Frankfort, for the same hourly wage, he wouldn't have to spend so much for gas. He is working in warehouse driving forklift, packing and shipping orders. They ship a lot of brake drums sometimes. He likes it better than the job he had working all night. We like him working days better, too!

Preston is doing about the same. He is doing well. It has been cooler here and he has been riding his bike almost every day. And he likes to sit in his swing in the evenings. He gets out once a week to the goodwill usually, and goes to church on Sunday night. He loves the church, and the people.

So that is about all I have to report this time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Norma,

It's been a long time since I've 'talked' to you, but I check your blog every week or so. And I pray for you and your family's needs. I'm glad Missie got to go to camp, and hope her tooth stays under control for the week, and I'm so happy with Preston's progress. The kids have gotten sooo big! I'm getting ready to renovate my blog. First, I have to come up with a good title.

Blessings! Cindy