My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and grandparents

Missie and grandparents

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie and I went to Canada in October

Missie and I went to Canada in October
Mom and Jim

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.
has a recliner and little refrig.

Missie wanted her room lime green and black

Missie wanted her room lime green and black
turned out very nice!

Left side of kitchen

Left side of kitchen

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Other half of living room

Other half of living room

Part of living room

Part of living room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Our new home!

Our new home!

Jr.s shop

Jr.s shop

2 car garage

2 car garage

This is the only way it would let me post :(

Here it is December, where has time gone. I just realized this a.m. I have not posted pics of our new home, where we moved to in May. I am really bad at blogging now :( Preston is doing great! He did have a cold, but other than that, he is doing well! We are so thankful for that.Missie loves Union Bible Academy. She has moved into the dorm so she won't have to drive 1 1/2 hrs/day and during winter it would have been hard. She loves living in dorm and having her friends there. She is in choir and absolutely loves that and travels when they travel. She is maintaining a B average, and that is great! It was a big switch to switch from ACE cirriculum to textbooks, but she has done very well. We love our home, and spending our first holidays in it! Will post some pics.

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston after his surgery

Preston after his surgery

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

It's July!

Time is swiftly passing. It is July, and soon will be August!

Missie has attended yet another youth camp. This one was the hardest on her physically of any she has ever been too! But she did have a good time. There are 2 youth camps in OH that we are praying about her attending. They are back to back at the same campground. That would be 2 weeks she would be gone. I worry that she won't get enough rest and be sick like she was at the last one here in IN that she attended. I am asking the Lord to show us His will. Her hypermobility is a tiny bit better. She was to go back to Riley's Children's Hospital tomorrow in Indy, but I didn't have a way to get her there. Junior cannot take off work for us to go, and he would need to be here with Preston as it was an early morning appt. She did have her eyes tested and she has new glasses ordered. Her eyes were a little bit worse this time again but the eye dr. thinks in the next couple of years, it will level off. I sure hope so. We are thankful she has her medicaid back!

Preston went to his new dentist today. He didn't have any cavities. He enjoyed flirting with the hygenist, LOL. People get quite a kick out of him and his antics. But I am thankful he doesn't need any dental work, as he has to be sedated for that.

Missie and I went to a nice park here in town last night and had a relaxing time. I will post some pictures. Sometimes I feel sad that we can't do a lot together as a family. That is one of the crosses we bear. I am considering looking into respite care of something like that here, through medicaid. Preston is doing so well right now. Once he got used to a person staying with him, it would be ok. His favorite place to shop is still goodwill! He is building quite a library of VHS. And he always looks for computer cd games, and that is all he looks at. He never goes through the rest of the store. But that is ok, LOL, we spend less money that way.

Junior is working through the temp. agency at the shipping place. Thank the Lord the work is holding out. It looks like the economy is slightly improving around here. I wish he worked in town here, maybe soon he can get a job here. With only one vehicle is it very hard because it is too far to take him, and have to pick him up. We use a lot of gas as it is just getting him back and forth to work.

So all in all, things are good with us! The Lord has been so faithful. I am so glad we know Him and can trust Him. Until next time, toot-a-loo!

No comments: