My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and grandparents

Missie and grandparents

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie and I went to Canada in October

Missie and I went to Canada in October
Mom and Jim

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.
has a recliner and little refrig.

Missie wanted her room lime green and black

Missie wanted her room lime green and black
turned out very nice!

Left side of kitchen

Left side of kitchen

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Other half of living room

Other half of living room

Part of living room

Part of living room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Our new home!

Our new home!

Jr.s shop

Jr.s shop

2 car garage

2 car garage

This is the only way it would let me post :(

Here it is December, where has time gone. I just realized this a.m. I have not posted pics of our new home, where we moved to in May. I am really bad at blogging now :( Preston is doing great! He did have a cold, but other than that, he is doing well! We are so thankful for that.Missie loves Union Bible Academy. She has moved into the dorm so she won't have to drive 1 1/2 hrs/day and during winter it would have been hard. She loves living in dorm and having her friends there. She is in choir and absolutely loves that and travels when they travel. She is maintaining a B average, and that is great! It was a big switch to switch from ACE cirriculum to textbooks, but she has done very well. We love our home, and spending our first holidays in it! Will post some pics.

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston after his surgery

Preston after his surgery

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Valentine's Day and more....

I realized that I had forgotten to tell about our Valentine date.

We spent 4 hours away, and it was great. We went to Lafayette and ate at my all time favorite place, Cracker Barrel! And yes, I got their chicken and dumplings which is my favorite. It took us about 20 minutes to get a seat, so we enjoyed looking at all the goodies in Cracker Barrel. We enjoyed a leisurely meal and finished it off with blackberry cobbler and ice-cream.

We stopped by CVS for some needed items, then my wonderful hubby took me to Hobby Lobby; my all-time favorite store! He dropped me off and he went to Meynard's. We both had a great time shopping! I, of course, bought some more card supplies and some supplies to make scrapbook pages to sell on ebay. I haven't done that since we moved. Animal scrapbook pages sell good! Well, while we were in Hobby Lobby, Missie called. She had a terrible head cold again, but she said she had a pain in her side. So I envisioned appendicitis maybe??? So I called Junior and told him, in a few minutes to come and get me so we would go home. Now it is very nice that our children are old enough to stay alone! We don't have to pay a babysitter, and it gives us time alone, which we desperately need. If you have a special needs child, you will understand. Even if you don't, all couples need time alone some times. Anyhow, we looked a little while longer and then came home. The pain was not in her appendix area after all, and surprisingly? we didn't hear too much more about it. I guess she just felt like it was time for us to come home.

Anyhow, we had a lovely time! Thank the Lord we had some money to go out; due to our tax refunds, otherwise, we wouldn't have been able to do it.

Preston's bicycle came yesterday; he is so thrilled about that. BUT he is sick with this sinus mess. I hope it is a mild case; I just don't think I can stay in a hospital right now with a sick boy! If it turns into pnemonia as it has for some others, he would be in the hospital. He keeps saying, "I'm sick," and "I hardly ever get sick like this." And normally he doesn't even get a cold, but has gotten it this time. Many in our church have been, and some are still, sick. Missie said everyone in the high school class had colds and she was listening to sniffling and coughing all day every day. She has gone through sooooo many boxes of kleenex since we have moved here, we must surely own stock in them!

Well, I gotta run to town and then pick Missie up at 12:30, and still have to get my hair fixed.

You all have a good day.

1 comment:

urhis said...

We also had a nice Valentine's Day. We went to a China Buffet but we didn't have a babysitter so Naomi went with us. I agree about couples needing time alone ....our time will come sometime soon. LOL