My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and grandparents

Missie and grandparents

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie and I went to Canada in October

Missie and I went to Canada in October
Mom and Jim

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.
has a recliner and little refrig.

Missie wanted her room lime green and black

Missie wanted her room lime green and black
turned out very nice!

Left side of kitchen

Left side of kitchen

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Other half of living room

Other half of living room

Part of living room

Part of living room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Our new home!

Our new home!

Jr.s shop

Jr.s shop

2 car garage

2 car garage

This is the only way it would let me post :(

Here it is December, where has time gone. I just realized this a.m. I have not posted pics of our new home, where we moved to in May. I am really bad at blogging now :( Preston is doing great! He did have a cold, but other than that, he is doing well! We are so thankful for that.Missie loves Union Bible Academy. She has moved into the dorm so she won't have to drive 1 1/2 hrs/day and during winter it would have been hard. She loves living in dorm and having her friends there. She is in choir and absolutely loves that and travels when they travel. She is maintaining a B average, and that is great! It was a big switch to switch from ACE cirriculum to textbooks, but she has done very well. We love our home, and spending our first holidays in it! Will post some pics.

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston after his surgery

Preston after his surgery

Monday, February 16, 2009

Monday again!

Well, it's Monday. We had a wonderful weekend! When Junior got off Friday a.m. at 1:30 he was off until 3:30 this afternoon. We so enjoyed having him home! And school was closed today for President's day, so Missie got to be with him today and she was happy about that. They took a trip to Walmart to get him some steel toed boots for work.

I felt better today. Not sure what was wrong, but the aching was much better today and I have more energy. I vacuumed and mopped floors after Junior went to work today. Tomorrow night my job is to work on mending and ironing.

Preston has a bit of a sore throat, but otherwise doing great! Missie feels much better today, too, she has been sick since Thurs. with this sinus mess again! I am going to be pumping her with vitamins, calcium and echinacea. I forgot about echinacea, and will be giving it to Preston and Missie for about a week, to get their immune systems built up! Then I will just give it once a week after that for a while. I think part of Missie's problem is she is not used to being around people all of the time, since we homeschooled in SC. Also, the change in the weather from SC to IN has played a part in it I am sure.

Her school (high school)is going to the ACE Competition in March. It is in Muncey, IN. There are 6 singing groups and she is in 4 of them! Singing is her talent, and I am sooo happy. Anyhow, she will be singing a solo, is in a duet, trio and a quartet! Isn't that wonderful? They may not win this year, but it is a wonderful opportunity for them to really try! They will be gone about 4 days or so, I think. The big problem that the girls are not happy with, is that they can't wear any jean skirts. But they can uniform skirts and dress skirts. I bought Missie some shirts today that were reduced for $3 each at Walmart that she can take and got her a couple at goodwill, too.

We are so thankful for our tax refund! It helped us get caught up on some things and Junior and I both an appt. to get our eyes tested and we both need new glasses. We neither one can see very well with the glasses we have. So Sat. we both go to Walmart and get our eyes tested and pick out our new frames. These frames I have now have really been sturdy and held up for years. But they are needing to be replaced.

Well, this is our 2nd week for Junior to be on this shift, and it seems a little easier, for us. By Thurs. he gets very tired. Thankfully it is over 4 days/week.

Oh, we have ordered Preston a 3 wheel bike. He cannot balance or ride a 2 wheel bike. He is sooo excited. It will be so good for him to get back to riding a bike. He used to ride for hours in TN, but then in SC he didn't have a good place to ride, and then was so sick. But it is relatively flat here and he is going to get back to riding. It will arrived fed ex sometime next week, unless it gets here earlier. He is so happy and excited. We got him a helmet, because he doesn't need to have any brain injuries, should be fall off. We told him he had to wear a helmet! He asked for a speedometer, a horn and a mirror so he can see who is behind him. We have all of these things, now we are just waiting for the bike. It will be such good exercise for him, and help him a lot! We have 2 way radios that he and I will use while he is riding. He won't venture very far from home. He was teasing at first and said he would ride to Missie's school and eat lunch with her. He would have to cross a busy highway to do that, and I told him no way! He would probably get killed on that highway. Then he said he would ride to goodwill, even to South Carolina! He was having fun teasing us! I guess knowing he would have a bike gave him a feeling of freedom. Sometimes he says he wishes he could drive so he could go someplace when he wants too. But his eyes are not good enough to drive nor are his reflexes fast enough.

So that is the latest for this time!

No comments: