My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and grandparents

Missie and grandparents

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie and I went to Canada in October

Missie and I went to Canada in October
Mom and Jim

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.
has a recliner and little refrig.

Missie wanted her room lime green and black

Missie wanted her room lime green and black
turned out very nice!

Left side of kitchen

Left side of kitchen

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Other half of living room

Other half of living room

Part of living room

Part of living room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Our new home!

Our new home!

Jr.s shop

Jr.s shop

2 car garage

2 car garage

This is the only way it would let me post :(

Here it is December, where has time gone. I just realized this a.m. I have not posted pics of our new home, where we moved to in May. I am really bad at blogging now :( Preston is doing great! He did have a cold, but other than that, he is doing well! We are so thankful for that.Missie loves Union Bible Academy. She has moved into the dorm so she won't have to drive 1 1/2 hrs/day and during winter it would have been hard. She loves living in dorm and having her friends there. She is in choir and absolutely loves that and travels when they travel. She is maintaining a B average, and that is great! It was a big switch to switch from ACE cirriculum to textbooks, but she has done very well. We love our home, and spending our first holidays in it! Will post some pics.

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston after his surgery

Preston after his surgery

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Discouraged

Well, maybe I shouldn't blog when I am discouraged, but here goes.

I am very discouraged. Why does life have to be so hard for some people and easy for others? I just don't understand sometimes.

Hubby is very sick. He had to stay home today and will have to tomorrow; hoping he can use vacation days so we don't lose too much money. Getting paid every 2 weeks is so hard on us. And the landlord didn't pay attention to the note and the date on the check for the house payment and put it in too early and it cost over $100 in fees at the bank because it messed up our checking acct. They gave me back $39 which I am thankful for. But we couldn't afford to lose $70. This week is not the week Jr. gets paid and to top it all off, our car (our only vehicle) broke down today. It is still sitting over there because it won't even crank to get it home. A friend of mine came and picked Missie and I up and took us to her house and lent us her car until we can get ours home, and it needs to be towed, we have towing on our insurance but we have to pay for the towing up front and then they reimburse us. And we don't have any money to do that. The problem with the friend's car is one of the windows is all of the way down and won't go up. It was chilly coming home today. We will not be going too far and Preston cannot ride in it that way. We tried to put plastic over it and then had to tear a hole to see out of it at intersections.

So you see why I am discouraged? I am tired of never having enough money; not having any family to help us when we need help. I am so tired of it all; every year seems to get worse for us. In 2007 a tree fell on our house, and Jr. totalled our van which was our only vehicle. This year Preston was in the hospital for 9 weeks and that took a toll on every area of our lives; and now this. I feel like crying my eyes out. I wonder if we are out of God's will somehow??? But to move takes money, which we have none of at this present time. I don't have any answers, but if you read this, please pray for us. We desperately need it right now.

5 comments:

Les said...

Just remember God allows us to go thru hardships so we remember to lean on Him. If everything was easy all the time, we wouldn't think we need God. I know finacial struggles are hard (we have Aaron, I do get it), and it seems like others "have it made". But, do they have God? I will be praying for you!

urhis said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you also. I know how difficult it is with a handicapped adult and the struggles financially that comes with raising a family. God was with Job as he lost everything except his wife and He will be with you also. He's as close as the whisper of His name. God Bless.
Sister's in Christ, Cathy

Tina and Russell said...

I am a friend of Leslie's and accidently (maybe not so accidently) clicked on your blog link and read of your trials and tribulations. From the sounds of things you have been through so much! Never give up on the Lord for he is there and will carry you when you find it difficult to carry on. I'm sure you have heard this many times, but my Grandmother always told me God never gives you any more than you can handle. You can ask Leslie, I have been through my share of hard times and know that my faith, family and friends were the ones that saw me through. Please know that you have a "blogger" friend praying for you and your family!

Tina

Norma Gwen Watson said...

Thank you Tina for taking time to leave me a message and assuring me that God is with us.
I would love to read your blog but when I click on your name here it only goes to the about you page and there is not a link to actually get into your blog. Can you send me the link?

Norma

Tina and Russell said...

Norma,

Here is a link to our blog: http://spencerschwarzfamily.blogspot.com/

There is also one on Leslie's blog to mine if this doesn't work.

Hang in there - you are in my prayers!

Tina