My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My sis and her grandbaby, Elizabeth, she is a doll!

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

My nephew Will, his wife Nicole and the newest family member, my great niece Elizabeth

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Mom, me, Barb and Myles (my sis and bro)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and Uncle Myles (my brother)

Missie and grandparents

Missie and grandparents

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie at park in Brockville,Ont. Canada

Missie and I went to Canada in October

Missie and I went to Canada in October
Mom and Jim

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.

Part of Preston's room, he has large room, calls it his apt.
has a recliner and little refrig.

Missie wanted her room lime green and black

Missie wanted her room lime green and black
turned out very nice!

Left side of kitchen

Left side of kitchen

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Right side of kitchen (sunflowers)

Other half of living room

Other half of living room

Part of living room

Part of living room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Part of our dining room, it is a large room

Our new home!

Our new home!

Jr.s shop

Jr.s shop

2 car garage

2 car garage

This is the only way it would let me post :(

Here it is December, where has time gone. I just realized this a.m. I have not posted pics of our new home, where we moved to in May. I am really bad at blogging now :( Preston is doing great! He did have a cold, but other than that, he is doing well! We are so thankful for that.Missie loves Union Bible Academy. She has moved into the dorm so she won't have to drive 1 1/2 hrs/day and during winter it would have been hard. She loves living in dorm and having her friends there. She is in choir and absolutely loves that and travels when they travel. She is maintaining a B average, and that is great! It was a big switch to switch from ACE cirriculum to textbooks, but she has done very well. We love our home, and spending our first holidays in it! Will post some pics.

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston and Missie before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston before surgery

Preston after his surgery

Preston after his surgery

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Emergency Room

Well, it has been quite a day.
Preston was having a good day, and was visiting with guys in the woodworking shop at the end of our driveway. He came into the house and told me he couldn't see. He kept saying it. His eyesight is very poor so I thought that was what he meant. He meant more than that. Sometimes he could see, sometimes he couldn't, it was so scary. I called hubby at work and told him to please come home and called the eye dr. They said to bring him in. After going to eye dr. and he couldn't see any problem with Preston's eyes, we were trying to get him back into car to go to ER and he could hardly talk, or hold his head up and said his hand was numb a few minutes before that. We thought he was having a stroke, so we drove to our family dr. and dr. wanted us to take him to ER because of the symptoms so we did that. He made a scene in the waiting room, yelling and saying his head was hurt and why didn't they call him back, etc. etc., finally they called him back and he laid down and almost went to sleep. He started to feel better after he laid down. They did a CT scan on his brain, but had nothing to compare it too. They said his ventricles were a little large in his brain, was that normal? I told the dr. he has hydracephlus and had a shunt for that, and he understood. Whether they are too big we won't know until I can get this cd they made me of the scan, to his neurosurgeon. When we got home he ate and started having a bad headache again and was getting upset. I gave him aleve and told him to lay down and he did and went to sleep and when he woke up he was ok. So I don't know what is going on. If the scan looks ok to the neurosurgeon, then will talk to psychiatrist and see if it could be cymbalta, that is the new medication he is on, and has been having headaches every since he went on it, but then skipped a couple of days after we started giving him the meds. at night, so I didn't even tell the dr. about it Thurs. But will now if the neurosurgeon thinks his shunt is doing ok; ask the psychiatrist about the cymbalta.
Just pray for us the rest of the weekend, that he will be ok, until we can talk to the neurosurgeon on Monday. Not sure any of us can handle another ER experience this weekend.
Missie was with friends, a dear family of 10, all day and this evening went to hear Ryan Dobson speak in Easley with the girls. She is spending the night with them. I guess when you have 8 children, 1 more doesn't make much of a difference??? I guess I won't ever know about that. They are precious, loving people, even the children. We certainly love them.
Well, I need to try and get some sleep. Never know what tomorrow will bring. Only God knows what is wrong with Preston and how to help him, and all of us!

Norma

No comments: